Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
7 Posts
Got my Pro S AWD back in March and it shows electrical system not working correctly message several times within the first month of driving. And the dealer confirm it needs front motor replacement, lead time for the part is around 2 weeks...

Just pickup the loaner 2021 Tiguan S, back to ICE...lol
So VW is springing for the loaner, correct? (They damn well should)

·
3 Posts
I usually just lurk, but last Saturday, I took in my ID.4 when I got an electrical system warning. I was told that the front motor had failed and needed to be replaced. There was another ID.4 in service waiting for a front motor replacement. It had been there two weeks. The tech had no ETA on the replacement's arrival.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am 30 days in tomorrow. Received a tentative ETA of 5/25. However, given the number of failures, I am not highly confident that the replacement will last any longer. I no longer trust in the the reliability of the car to the point that I wouldn’t risk a road trip. Best news: I am supposed to receive my buy back offer next week!

·
6 Posts
I am 30 days in tomorrow. Received a tentative ETA of 5/25. However, given the number of failures, I am not highly confident that the replacement will last any longer. I no longer trust in the the reliability of the car to the point that I wouldn’t risk a road trip. Best news: I am supposed to receive my buy back offer next week!
Could you provide your VW contacts you used to initiate the buy back process?

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I love mine too, but I am used to German reliability, and need to count on it. The first time this did a sudden shutdown with my wife aboard, she was done with it as well.

·
66 Posts
hopefully not. I get mine in July. I would think these ones are some of the first AWD's out there. There are several thousand out there now in the wild. I think the coolant air bubbles is more of a widespread problem.

·
3 Posts
I spoke to a friend who has been in the car industry for a few years. He said that front motors failing happens all the time. They have a name for it (which I can't recall at the moment). I think because there are so few ID.4s that maybe it seems like a bigger issue than it is.

I have a family member who bought a Telsa. She got it soon after I got my ID.4. It died three times. The first two times, Telsa tried to put it on her. It was only after the third time did Telsa finally take the car in for service. It was there for two or three weeks, then she got it back. No problems since.

This whole situation makes me think that EVs will have a number of problems until the technology improves. For now, I am willing to roll with it because I love my ID.4.

·
1,027 Posts
Reactions: Tinman
21 - 40 of 52 Posts