Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried to charge at one of two available pedestals (4 total, 2 offline). The second pedestal was in use. I tried maybe 10 times using both cables to no avail. I had EA customer support on the line, she rebooted the pedestal and also did a remote start, charging would not initiate. As soon as the pedestal indicated initiating charge, the ID4 plug light would turn red, 10 times 馃槵馃槚馃槵.
Hood Light Blue Automotive tire Automotive design

The charging cable plug was loose-ish but I got a distinct connection snap/click. This whole event took maybe 30 minutes.
Finally the other EV finished charging and I moved to that pedestal. The connector plug was very tight and firm, with a solid click. It also had very few scratches and appeared new. The charging started right away and I waited 45 minutes to 80%.

ID4:1E - Blue Dusk Metallic
Experienced the same last week in Scarborough, ME at the EA location. Someone ripped the connector out of their car & broke the retaining pin on the handle. So the connector would not seat to the car correctly. If I stood there & held it, the handshake & charge would commence, as soon as I let the handle go, the contacts would disconnect & charging would stop. Very dangerous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts