Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, just throwing this out there... it seems to me that there's some "high tech" features that seem to have been omitted from the VW ID.4 in the interest of cost-cutting. Here's three examples that are on my 2019 Golf Alltrack that aren't on my 2012 ID.4:
  • A 12V outlet in the front center console
  • A 115V AC outlet in the cargo area
  • Park Assist (It's not perfect but it does park itself between existing vehicles)
  • Fender stereo system w sub
And there's some other features found in competitive vehicles that would have been appreciated in the US, even as options:
  • Heat Pump
  • 360-degree camera
What am I missing? And let's make a point of letting VW know this. (I've emailed [email protected] and they've been responsive.)

128 Posts
So, just throwing this out there... it seems to me that there's some "high tech" features that seem to have been omitted from the VW ID.4 in the interest of cost-cutting. Here's three examples that are on my 2019 Golf Alltrack that aren't on my 2012 ID.4:
  • Park Assist (It's not perfect but it does park itself between existing vehicles)
And there's some other features found in competitive vehicles that would have been appreciated in the US, even as options:
  • Heat Pump
  • 360-degree camera
What am I missing? And let's make a point of letting VW know this. (I've emailed [email protected] and they've been responsive.)
AR heads up display would have been nice, even if just an option and they already have this in Europe.

2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
1,531 Posts
Usually the manufacturer offers a super high end model of the car where they include everything but the kitchen sink for a super high end price, so that if the one thing you really wanted isn't offered on the lesser models of the car, you can get what you want (plus a lot of other things you probably don't) for 'just a few thousand more!'

When they finally get caught up with production, VW might do this (but don't count on it) - Offer the 'Kitchen Sink' model :ROFLMAO:

Don

21 ProS Red - 23 ProS Plus Arctic Blue locked
559 Posts

21 ProS Red - 23 ProS Plus Arctic Blue locked
559 Posts
I vote for 360 degree camera that can also motion record if selected when vehicle is parked.
I'd settle for the 360 degree camera.

Reactions: Dana

565 Posts
Not to be a downer but this exercise has been done before on here.

Reactions: Huey52

'21 iD4 Pro S
18 Posts
  • Fender stereo system w sub
  • Heat Pump
  • 360-degree camera
I think those features will come under a new name ... Audi.

2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AR heads up display would have been nice, even if just an option and they already have this in Europe.
Agreed
I think those features will come under a new name ... Audi.
I went through the feature list on the Audi Q4, and it only offered a few - the high end audio, the heads up display. But no heat pump, no 360 camera, no extra power outlets. Does have an opening panoramic roof though…

320 Posts
18" wheels on the Pro for greater efficiency/range. Surround camera for all ID.4s because it's hard to see things that are up close - like parking lot curbs, parking lines, and pets. One article I read said that's because of the unusually high fenders. Adaptive headlights on the Pro (maybe as part of an option package). The headlights on the Pro only get an "acceptable" rating in IIHS crash testing, whereas the adaptive ones on the higher trim levels get a "good" rating. Center air bag (between front seats) as equipped in Europe. Air bag could be part of an option package on the Pro and standard on higher trims.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.