Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of rate is everyone getting? Anyone been able to get a low rate with vw credit.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
415 Posts
What kind of rate is everyone getting? Anyone been able to get a low rate with vw credit.
I got 2.39% for a 72 month loan through my dealer at the end of April, but the loan is from Wells Fargo not VW Credit.

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition (Dusk Blue)
310 Posts
I got 1.99 through the dealer, although it was with Capital One. If you're willing to jump through some hoops you can get 1.74% or 1.24% from Digital Credit Union (the latter requires you to use direct deposit on their savings account). It's basically the 1.99 but they give you an extra .25 because the car is an EV. I didn't go with them because I was in a "you have 24 hours to get this discount" situation with the dealer.

·
2021 Moonstone Grey ID.4
85 Posts
I also got 1.99% for 60 months from the dealer. My local CU could only match that thru 36 months, so I felt pretty good about it.

·
310 Posts
I got 1.99 through the dealer, although it was with Capital One. If you're willing to jump through some hoops you can get 1.74% or 1.24% from Digital Credit Union (the latter requires you to use direct deposit on their savings account). It's basically the 1.99 but they give you an extra .25 because the car is an EV. I didn't go with them because I was in a "you have 24 hours to get this discount" situation with the dealer.
Oh yeah, the DCU rate is for 65 months btw. I'm actually going to refinance my 1.99/60 months note into a 1.74/65 months note. Total interest payments will be about the same but I'll have a lower monthly payment.

·
66 Posts
I'm pre-approved for 1.99% for 60 months through my local credit union. Currently my dealer is saying 2.99%, so unless they come back with a better offer, credit union it is.

·
201 Posts
Oh yeah, the DCU rate is for 65 months btw. I'm actually going to refinance my 1.99/60 months note into a 1.74/65 months note. Total interest payments will be about the same but I'll have a lower monthly payment.
Are you putting enough down so that you don't need gap insurance? Or put another way, for what time period, if any, would that payment plan have negative equity?

·
24 Posts
My dealer said 3.06% and wouldn't negotiate at all so I went to a bank that partners with the dealership and they gave me 2.29% for 60 months. It was simple... (and dumb) that they made me do that when it was basically just a google search and filling out a very quick form. I think they're used to dealing with a lot of wealthy suburbanites that wouldn't care about $8 a month in added cost and so weren't particularly interested in lifting any fingers to move the sale along.

·
310 Posts
Are you putting enough down so that you don't need gap insurance? Or put another way, for what time period, if any, would that payment plan have negative equity?
How can I calculate how much negative equity I have if I don't know how much a dealer would value my car if I was in a wreck tomorrow. Excivillian got offered 42k for his ID.4 so if that's what they'd value my car at tomorrow, Im already in the positive.

·
5 Posts
First offer was 3.99% financing which was a little insulting tbh considering when my wife bought a used 2010 Jetta almost a decade ago it was 4.5% and we have much better credit now (high 790s/low 800s)

They came back with 1.99% after we said we wanted it lower and this is what we were expecting.

·
21 VW ID4 Pro RWD
12 Posts
My initial offer was 2.89% for 72 mo. even though the dealer promised to match 2.24% from my credit union... finally gave me 2.33% 72 months with US Bank, that's an extra $72 in interest! It was good enough, but still miffed that they lied about matching the rate.

·
201 Posts
How can I calculate how much negative equity I have if I don't know how much a dealer would value my car if I was in a wreck tomorrow. Excivillian got offered 42k for his ID.4 so if that's what they'd value my car at tomorrow, Im already in the positive.
Dealer? Aren't we talking what an INSURANCE company would value your car for? If your car gets totaled , do you think the insurance company is going to cut you a check for 42k ?

·
310 Posts
Dealer? Aren't we talking what an INSURANCE company would value your car for? If your car gets totaled , do you think the insurance company is going to cut you a check for 42k ?
Literally have no idea what an insurance company would cut a check for. But, since my parents car was totaled about a month ago, I know that the companies determine how much in part by how much similar used cars are selling for. Since dealers are presumably buying the car at 42k to sell it for higher, that means something. As a practical matter, no I don't think that an insurance company would pay me $42k but who knows?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts