Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 60 of 160 Posts

·
287 Posts
After the new year, the tax credit (assuming personal eligibility) will get cut in half (due to battery requirements kicking in). The real story is how many US made ID4s are going to make it to people prior to the end of the year so they can take the full tax credit (no battery requirement - just the US made requirement).
Bingo!!!!

@Plant Peon we know you got this, but can you guys speed up the production line couple clicks so you produce and deliver max number of ID4 possible before Dec 31st - or what Musk would say time for production hell to help out your customers get full tax credit instead of half or none...

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
5,230 Posts
Who is peeking over the factory fence with binoculars and a clicker?

• Volkswagen plans to ramp up ID.4 assembly in Chattanooga to 7,000 cars per month in Q4 2022, with the goal to further increase output in 2023

·
203 Posts
When you say you've put down a deposit, do you mean the $100 reservation or the $400 lock/order? Just curious because if you mean you've only put down the $100 reservation but haven't gotten your lock email yet, that's surprising.
I put in my (current) order about the same time and am still unlocked, also for a Pro S Plus AWD. The only real communication I've gotten was the notification in early August to update to a 2023 model and the email about the tax rebate.

·
85 Posts
I was told by customer service via chat that RWDs had a 3-4 months and the AWD a 7-8 months time from lock to delivery. You guys might want to go to the reservation chat and ask about it. They do provide some pointers.

·
2023 AWD Pro S, Opal White w/ Cosmic. Locked and waiting.
37 Posts
I was told by customer service via chat that RWDs had a 3-4 months and the AWD a 7-8 months time from lock to delivery. You guys might want to go to the reservation chat and ask about it. They do provide some pointers.
Based on recent info from users in this forum, it seems to be the AWD models being produced first. And lock to delivery certainly shorter.

·
2,161 Posts
Bingo!!!!

@Plant Peon we know you got this, but can you guys speed up the production line couple clicks so you produce and deliver max number of ID4 possible before Dec 31st - or what Musk would say time for production hell to help out your customers get full tax credit instead of half or none...
Be careful what you wish for.
Any production line that ramps up too quickly, is bound to have issues no matter what widget you are building. The trick is to keep rebalancing that task so you have a good balance between quality of product and speed of output.
We are striving for high quality vehicles while maximizing production. I think I’ve heard it called make hay while the sun shines.

·
85 Posts
Based on recent info from users in this forum, it seems to be the AWD models being produced first. And lock to delivery certainly shorter.
I just checked it with customer service a week or two ago. Also, I reserved my RWD ~8/26 and locked ~9/20. Of course YMMV, just saying because my experience and info I got is different from what's discussed here. Again, you can always go to your reservation, initiate a chat, and ask them.

·
6 Posts
The letter says that camera and folding mirrors has been delayed to CW46. You only lose out in Canada if you are willing to take a cheaper package that will get assembled sooner.

Premium sound does appear to be cut for MY23 all up.
[/Q
When you say you've put down a deposit, do you mean the $100 reservation or the $400 lock/order? Just curious because if you mean you've only put down the $100 reservation but haven't gotten your lock email yet, that's surprising.
It's the $100 deposit :( I've been waiting to pay $400 to lock the order since July and haven't heard anything.

·
85 Posts
@Plant Peon

Can you tell us what is added to the ID4 to make the sound system Premium Audio in the Pro S Plus AWD? Since it is not being offered anymore, maybe some can upgrade themselves after delivery.
Added sub as far as most people speculated. The $250 they reduced the price with for dropping premium, you can buy upgraded front speakers (minus labor). The stock DSP might make further upgrades tricky.

·
5 Posts
It's the $100 deposit :( I've been waiting to pay $400 to lock the order since July and haven't heard anything.
So that sounds like you reserved a 2022? If so, I'd recommend putting in another reservation for a 2023. I have a reservation for a 2022 that I put in in January and locked in July. It's still stuck at 03. I then put in a reservation for a 2023 in August and it's already on 15-2 (in production).

·
6 Posts
So that sounds like you reserved a 2022? If so, I'd recommend putting in another reservation for a 2023. I have a reservation for a 2022 that I put in in January and locked in July. It's still stuck at 03. I then put in a reservation for a 2023 in August and it's already on 15-2 (in production).
Very helpful advice!! Thank you!
May I know what trim you ordered?

·
242 Posts
anyone in the northeast getting delivery soon?
Looks like quite a few people are in the 30-#s in the northeast. Seems like the 35-1 people so far are exclusively on the West coast and Denver areas.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

41 - 60 of 160 Posts