Volkswagen ID Forum banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
70 Posts
I'm curious with the MuddyBuddy/Weathertech trunk liner whether it prevents lowering the floor down to the lower position. Obviously the seatback covers wouldn't line up, but does the rest of it drop down okay?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
794 Posts
It should be ok. The cargo liner seatback hinge should accommodate, but the aft lip of the liner might then not fully reach to the rear. But close, as in hand grenades and horseshoes. ;)

I'd test it for you but now I already have stuff in place, as linked above.

I'm curious with the MuddyBuddy/Weathertech trunk liner whether it prevents lowering the floor down to the lower position. Obviously the seatback covers wouldn't line up, but does the rest of it drop down okay?

·
Proud FE owner
906 Posts
Reactions: Huey52

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
626 Posts
One thing I'd love to upgrade is the puddle light filter. These folks sell them but it looks like they are for the door mounted lights and ours are in the side mirrors.

It would be cool to have a VW logo or maybe something custom (although I have zero clue what!).
Batman?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
794 Posts
Just did a Lowe's run and the Muddy Buddy is working well, just as I expected from WeatherTech. 😁

btw: The foot-wave to activate the rear hatch has worked flawlessly, which I can't say for my wife's Benz GLA. The key is to step back a bit just after activation [to accommodate what is likely risk averse anti-litigation coding so as no one gets hit by the elevating hatch]. ;)

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
794 Posts
You could always cut a flap and use more velcro. Weathertech liners are fairly easy to modify as they cut cleanly. But again you can just drop the 60% seatback portion as a somewhat larger flap.
I was picturing a flap if you wanted to use the middle passthrough for skis or longer items, but I guess not.

·
26 Posts
You could always cut a flap and use more velcro. Weathertech liners are fairly easy to modify as they cut cleanly. But again you can just drop the 60% seatback portion as a somewhat larger flap.
Yes either the modification or just dropping the large side was my solution as well. Probably won't need the pass through too often either way.

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I was actathinking about and Owlcam or Blackvue. Why did you choose a Garmin?
I've used Garmin since 1986. Even had a handheld for Boy Scouts. My last Garmin was a nuviCam and the 56 seemed the most similar to it.
Wish VW could add traffic and re-route to their navigation.

·
ID.4 1st blue
116 Posts
Wish VW could add traffic and re-route to their navigation.
It does this with the car-net additional $50/yr. I got to test this the other day when I-70 was closed due to a burning fuel truck. It re-routed me around that closure and then on the way home it knew that the west bound lane was open and sent me that way.

·
250 Posts
It does this with the car-net additional $50/yr. I got to test this the other day when I-70 was closed due to a burning fuel truck. It re-routed me around that closure and then on the way home it knew that the west bound lane was open and sent me that way.
@sethpo So it seems you subscribed to the Nav Plus option already. Right? If that's correct, are you also planning to subscribe to CarNet 'hotspot' after the 30 day free trial? If you aren't or if you could let the free trial lapse before subscribing, it would be great if you can be the first tester to see if the Nav Plus still works if you only wifi tether your car to your smartphone for the data connection.

·
33 Posts
They certainly are the same. Only the logo is different. Are they less expensive?
Weathertech $170 + $20 shipping
VW $190

So it was a wash. I didn't think anyone will be having these on sale anytime soon. So just went VW since I can just go grab it.

·
Proud FE owner
906 Posts
They certainly are the same. Only the logo is different. Are they less expensive?
I ordered Muddy Buddy's through vwparts.com (which refers you to a dealer). They were 10% off. Free pickup at the parts department. Unfortunately, they don't qualify for the 15% rebate (I tried).

61 - 80 of 125 Posts