Volkswagen ID Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
ID.4 FE GW
186 Posts
ID.4 Accessories are now eligible for the current VW rebate promo starting today. This quarter the rebate is 10%. I don't know if every accessory made the list, but I searched several part numbers across multiple categories and all those made the cut.

Thanks for posting this!

Do you know how we get the rebates? Are they only valid when purchasing from VW dealers, or do they work for third party sellers as well?

·
250 Posts
Do you know how we get the rebates? Are they only valid when purchasing from VW dealers, or do they work for third party sellers as well?
The full terms and conditions are available here. It's stated that only purchases at dealerships get the rebate. MDO options listed on Monroney sticker also don't qualify. The submission happens at: Volkswagen Rebates

·
58 Posts

·
596 Posts
The ID.4 service manuals are up on erWin which is VW's online service portal.
-- snip --
The trick is that you have to use FireFox or IE for downloading, Chrome or Edge will not work apparently.
They also say that it won't work with Mac/Safari, but I have a Mac and used Safari to download with no issues.

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
187 Posts
Does anyone have the cargo liner that does not up the back seats?

·
22 Posts
I just switched from my Tiguan Limited to the ID4 and am sorely missing the secret compartment the Tiguan had where I would hide my wallet and other items I didn't want my three young kids to find.

While the ID4 has a decent amount of storage, I sorely miss having an easily accessible hiding place for my wallet and also there is no place for sun glasses!

Anyone know of some kind of hard box or pouch that can be mounted under the cup holders? There is a huge amount of wasted space that would be perfect for a secret compartment down there.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
794 Posts
I would think just removing/reinserting the cup holder to utilize that "hiding space" would be sufficient, but then unattended kids are pretty clever. 🤷‍♂️

I didn't really see much space the one time I pulled it out just for the heck of it, so I guess I should measure same.

btw: It's pretty ingenious the way the cupholder and dividers may be interchanged and their locations customized. Someone at VW Design had on their thinking cap. :)

Anyone know of some kind of hard box or pouch that can be mounted under the cup holders? There is a huge amount of wasted space that would be perfect for a secret compartment down there.

·
30 Posts
So I purchased the First Edition and it came with the Heavy Duty Trunk Liner with CarGo Blocks along with the Monster Mats. The Heavy Duty Trunk Liner doesn't go up the back of the second row of seats but that's okay with me. I would have thought I'm not a big fan of carpeted protecting mats but this one is nice and is "heavy duty" with a bit of a lip. I was going to replace it with the MuddyBuddy mats but I'd rather put the money into better second row mats from WeatherTech. The Monster Mats for the second row don't run the entire length and leaves the middle carpet area open/unprotected.

·
37 Posts
...While the ID4 has a decent amount of storage, I sorely miss having an easily accessible hiding place for my wallet and also there is no place for sun glasses!
I just can't understand how VW didn't put a sunglasses holder on the overhead area. Honestly, they need two. I never knew it until prescription glasses happened (bummer!) but I need to have two pairs of glasses in the car - and two holders.
I am also looking for something to put down there. My current best guess of what I'm going to do is find a sunglasses holder or two and mount them to the front piece of near vertical plastic, this takes care of the glasses issue. For the rest of the space...I like the idea of mounting a small box or similar to the bottom. Have to watch out for wires, though. There's a sensor for the key in the rear cupholder.

I've noodled the idea of learning about 3-D printing for this. Hmmm...

·
22 Posts
Found it!

Here is the dead space that should have some kind of add-on to slide in sun-glasses and other stuff!

and here is the 'Perfect' hiding spot for those of us that keep their wallets in their car 24/7...also a good place to hide condoms for those of us that are single. ;)

101 - 120 of 125 Posts