Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
215 Posts

·
7 Posts
Just locked mine in! How long before they start building it? Kinda thought the second round of First addition ID.4’s we’re already built.

·
215 Posts
I am hopeful that they are at least close to being already built. While VW has not been transparent, I noticed that my delivery date on my previously reserved Pro S never changed. It was always Q1. Same as the FE. Now that we locked our reservation, I hope we are looking at the next couple of months. Maybe they will under-promise and over-deliver. DIdn't that happen with the Model 3? Just being hopeful. My 2004 Pilot is holding on by a thread😬

·
Proud FE owner
993 Posts
I think the lock on the second round of First Editions is a signal that the start of production is eminent. The first round lock was clearly programmed then pre-empted with the EU 2020 prioritization.

My hunch is that the aforementioned March 8 delivery start is still very much the target. The entire run of US First Editions could be assembled within two weeks' time and fit on the same vessel.

·
314 Posts
Agree, probably March, which likely means either already built, or close, because for March delivery (esp. early March), our 1st probably need to be in transit during February.

How many were ordered total (1st) and how many have already been built is a mystery. The EU 1st are slightly different, so probably they did not actually get "our" cars, but rather our production slots. OTOH, some or all of our ID.4 might already be in a parking lot near the factory (or, still in parts boxes). I suspect with Mach-E and MY, that many of the original 2k to 2.7k reservations were canceled.

In any event, as @ErickF reminds us, even if they are still just parts, VW could make them into cars in just 12 (?) days.

In November, they were telling us (after the delay), that 1st were Q1 March, and Pro were next after March. Hopefully, we are back on track at least for the delayed schedule. The one thing the reps seemed consistent about, was that no matter when you reserved, they were making all of the 1st "first", followed by the Pro after Q1, after the delay.

·
7 Posts
Agreed. 1-2 weeks to complete build, 30 days on a boat, few days to transport to the dealer. Excited, even if the steering wheel is white! Ha!

·
215 Posts
I am excited too. The white steering wheel was a deal breaker for me in September. Not so much now. I am glad that it appears that there won’t be that steering wheel and brown insert too. Unless I’m mistaken.

·
Proud FE owner
993 Posts
I am excited too. The white steering wheel was a deal breaker for me in September. Not so much now. I am glad that it appears that there won’t be that steering wheel and brown insert too. Unless I’m mistaken.
If you are getting a First Editon, you are getting a white steering wheel. You won't get any brown - dash is standard gray for all FE's.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Uh...no thanks to a VW FE ID4. I'll wait until it offers more peppiness and 300 + miles of driving. Also EA needs to immediately expand its fast charging locations...there are not enough for current out of town trips. JMHO...

·
Proud FE owner
993 Posts
Uh...no thanks to a VW FE ID4. I'll wait until it offers more peppiness and 300 + miles of driving. Also EA needs to immediately expand its fast charging locations...there are not enough for current out of town trips. JMHO...
Your first post in this forum was to announce to the world on 11/21 that you cancelled your reservation. I can't imagine how this forum could be all that entertaining to stick around.

·
214 Posts
Your first post in this forum was to announce to the world on 11/21 that you cancelled your reservation. I can't imagine how this forum could be all that entertaining to stick around.
Report/ignore. And thankfully, the ignore on this site even removes the offending quote from your reply.

There's been an increasing amount of negativity on the forum that has led me to reduce my engagement, but posts from a user like this contribute nothing useful (and in some ways have detracted from the conversation).

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,482 Posts
Hang in there (and just ignore), there will always be complainers. Just wait until we have our ID.4's and folks find tangible things to complain about. Automotive forums in general more often attract complaints then "I like my vehicle" comments. 🤷‍♂️

Report/ignore. And thankfully, the ignore on this site even removes the offending quote from your reply.

There's been an increasing amount of negativity on the forum that has led me to reduce my engagement, but posts from a user like this contribute nothing useful (and in some ways have detracted from the conversation).

·
191 Posts

I agree with blatant negativity, but a good discussion is welcomed since so little information is out there and IMHO I appreciate the Pros and Cons presented.

With regard to EA: I read somewhere that they are building up their network much faster than Tesla did. So there is hope that it will improve quickly. I would hope that there will be other players coming in start building other interstate fast charging networks even in areas that are less percolated by EA. It should not be all on EA wrt interstate fast charging.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,482 Posts
We've had a few folks citing that they canceled their initial reservation only to recently re-reserve after reevaluating their needs vs. wants against the inevitable pro/con's of any mass produced offering (I still haven't wrapped my head around a white steering wheel).

We've also had some folks cite that they want a test/listen drive prior to actual sale. That's understandable as well.

Constructive criticism and debate is fine. Negativity for its own sake is not.

·
191 Posts
We've had a few folks citing that they canceled their initial reservation only to recently re-reserve after reevaluating their needs vs. wants against the inevitable pro/con's of any mass produced offering (I still haven't wrapped my head around a white steering wheel).
I was on the fence as well but we need the AWD and wind shield heater for the winter. It all depends on the individual needs as you mentioned as well.

I am hoping for many reviews before the reserved AWD arrives at my dealer in the Fall (still hoping for a bit earlier though).

·
214 Posts
Hang in there (and just ignore), there will always be complainers. Just wait until we have our ID.4's and folks find tangible things to complain about. Automotive forums in general more often attract complaints then "I like my vehicle" comments. 🤷‍♂️

[ps: just know I'm keeping my moderator eye on a few folks. :rolleyes:
VW bears part of the blame for some of the complaints just due to lack of communication & failing to deliver in a manner that would minimize some of it. There are still some complaints about some subjects which aren't really valuable insofar as complaining won't change reality, but those complaints may at least be understandable (if a bit frustrating).

The user in question, however, has added nothing of value, and has additionally spread misinformation. That's on a whole other level.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts