Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
267 Posts
This thread is worthless without pictures!

Edit - especially since there's a lack of white ID.4 pictures posted so far and white is what I'm leaning towards!

Reactions: TT97

·
267 Posts
You're so right. I was surprised by how much blacker the black trim looks in person compared to photos. For some reason in photos it looks more grey.

View attachment 3243 View attachment 3244 View attachment 3245 View attachment 3246 View attachment 3247 View attachment 3248 View attachment 3249 View attachment 3250 View attachment 3251 View attachment 3252
Great choice! Are you talking about the exterior black trim? The white FE trim got a lighter exterior trim.

·
White Pro S
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. I don't mean the silver on the FE - i mean in these photos it looks closer to a dark grey than a black - it's darker in person. That silver is a big part of why I didn't want an FE or gradient.

·
267 Posts
Yes. I don't mean the silver on the FE - i mean in these photos it looks closer to a dark grey than a black - it's darker in person. That silver is a big part of why I didn't want an FE or gradient.
I was referring to the plastic cladding on bottom of doors and bumper covers. That was a lighter gray on white FEs.

You are saying the roof side color is much darker in real life than your pictures? I thought it was a charcoal as you can compare it to the gloss black on the rear hatch glass side diffusers.

·
White Pro S
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It feels darker to me. That's a bummer that it is in fact lighter. I'd rather have the full black.

·
282 Posts
Yes that description of the white first edition is accurate. Of the three choices available it is still my first choice with blue as second and black completely out of the running.

·
8 Posts
Thank you for the pictures. I finally got to see and drive an FE yesterday, and it was quite nice. Your pictures were very timely and allowed me to show my wife what I was looking at. (Pro S on order and scheduled to arrive--well, whenever.)
I will be in NH in late July and have wondered how ID.4 availability is there.

·
White Pro S
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you from the Manchester, NH area?

If yes, do you know if they have started construction on the Electrify America location at the Mall of New Hampshire?

BTW your ID.4 looks great!
Thanks! And yes, that's right near the dealer as well. I was hoping they'd be done by now, but nope. There's some Tesla chargers about five minutes from my house which is a friggin tease.

·
470 Posts
Thanks! And yes, that's right near the dealer as well. I was hoping they'd be done by now, but nope. There's some Tesla chargers about five minutes from my house which is a friggin tease.
I got an update a few days ago saying the Mall of New Hampshire EA location is up and running. Do you know if that is true or not?

Thanks.

·
White Pro S
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is, but my app still shows it unavailable. When I tried to use it, it wouldn't accept my phone tap, saying it didn't recognize it. I am planning to try again at some point - on the phone they told me I shouldn't plug in first even though it says to. Dunno.

·
ID4:1E - Blue Dusk Metallic
139 Posts
waves as the 1st to take delivery (confirmed) in VT back in March. New job/ teenagers/yard work (home)/ yard work (cottage @ Sebago) has me busy. Other than infotainment issues, charging scheduler; VERY happy with mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts