Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
65 Posts
Saw the Mach E at the Houston Auto show last Jan. I thought it looked a lot better in person than the pictures--particularly in White. It'll come down to price, for me; if the FE doesn't deliver before Jan 7. I am much more partial to Ford than GM because they didn't go along with the Federal attempt to pre-empt the CA emissions rules. I was turned off by the "Mustang" label but the looks of the car won me over, despite the name.

·
210 Posts
That is a really cool looking car but i heard it took a hit on the EPA estimates.

The reason i was asking because of Snow vs RWD

Yes, I realize that. But in the old days all we had was RWD. I’m not so much worried about traction, because I think it will be good with RWD also. I’m more concerned with horsepower for the driving experience. That’s why I’m struggling with my decision. 7.8 seconds for 0-60 not so great.

·
3 Posts
Somewhat related - for anyone that is part of the "VW ID.4" Group on Facebook, one of the users just posted that his dealership in the Netherlands informed him that his ID.4 will be delivered in December.

Crossing fingers that First Edition folks here in the U.S (myself included) take deliveries in December as well!

·
21 Posts
Somewhat related - for anyone that is part of the "VW ID.4" Group on Facebook, one of the users just posted that his dealership in the Netherlands informed him that his ID.4 will be delivered in December.

Crossing fingers that First Edition folks here in the U.S (myself included) take deliveries in December as well!
I do not think VW will pull off getting the FEs delivered in December. Given it is 11 November and still no word to lock in our orders w/$400 makes the timeline nearly impossible. The cars would have to be literally shipped by next week to make it happen. Sad to say, but at this rate I am hoping we get them in January.

·
210 Posts
I do not think VW will pull off getting the FEs delivered in December. Given it is 11 November and still no word to lock in our orders w/$400 makes the timeline nearly impossible. The cars would have to be literally shipped by next week to make it happen. Sad to say, but at this rate I am hoping we get them in January.
I agree! Plus, they did say a while back Europe would get their 1st’s before us.

·
23 Posts
Concerning the Mach-e the range is lower that ID4 (210 miles vs 250 for AWD) and price is higher! I had a reservation for the March-e and I canceled for those reasons/

·
3 Posts
FYI - Took a look at the VW ID.4 at Capitol VW in the Bay Area. When I asked about when First Editions would possibly arrive at dealerships for reservation holders, he told me that would happen starting on March 8, 2021. By end of March 2021, all FEs should be delivered to respective dealerships. :O

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
243 Posts
FYI - Took a look at the VW ID.4 at Capitol VW in the Bay Area. When I asked about when First Editions would possibly arrive at dealerships for reservation holders, he told me that would happen starting on March 8, 2021. By end of March 2021, all FEs should be delivered to respective dealerships. :O
Seems odd they would bother taking the rest of the reservation fee this far out then...?

·
21 Posts
Seems odd they would bother taking the rest of the reservation fee this far out then...?
We need to start a “Best Guess Pool” for the delivery date of the FEs! My dealer says they do not know, but my guess is by the end of January. VW will get big kudos getting the FEs to the US before the Mach E shows up in the Ford dealerships. I was hoping to be able to get the 2020 Federal Tax Credit, but would be really shocked if VW pulled that off.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
243 Posts
I too was also hoping for CY2020 tax credit. However, I have come to think there is a high likelihood that the lease residual value will be significantly higher than market at the end of three years and there could be an opportunity to buy favorably.

·
2 Posts
According to Volkswagen ID.4 reservation holders, talking on the VWIDTalk forum, the first cars are expected in the U.S. in "week 52 of the year, December 17-24th." Volkswagen is calling and/or emailing customers about the upcoming delivery.

The source is this forum, at least we can talk ourselves into it! :)
So I just took a look at the ID4 in person today, and the representative at the dealership told me that the 1st editions will arrive on March 8 and be delivered by the end of March. Apparently they are waiting for a software update from the Belmont facility to be finalized in January. I would much rather prefer December 2020 though.

·
40 Posts
Something to keep in mind is that we probably will know in March if the federal tax credit will be restored for GM and Tesla. With the current prices plus restored tax credits, the Model 3 SR+ would undercut the ID.4 Pro, and the Model Y AWD would be equally priced as the ID.4 Pro AWD (with statement and gradient options added).

·
23 Posts
So I just took a look at the ID4 in person today, and the representative at the dealership told me that the 1st editions will arrive on March 8 and be delivered by the end of March. Apparently they are waiting for a software update from the Belmont facility to be finalized in January. I would much rather prefer December 2020 though.
I understand your deception. I reserved the Mach-E eleven months ago and I still cannot place the order in Canada !!! So I canceled it and will reserve the ID.4 as soon as VW open those on théorie web site. 🙂

·
23 Posts
Something to keep in mind is that we probably will know in March if the federal tax credit will be restored for GM and Tesla. With the current prices plus restored tax credits, the Model 3 SR+ would undercut the ID.4 Pro, and the Model Y AWD would be equally priced as the ID.4 Pro AWD (with statement and gradient options added).
You should check the comments about the Model 3 and Y, it's not looking good:(

·
23 Posts
The quality of assemblage is really bad, the handles and window glasses freezed, the paint is crap and service is bad.
Do your own research on internet and YouTube.

·
114 Posts
The quality of assemblage is really bad, the handles and window glasses freezed, the paint is crap and service is bad.
My co-worker just got a Tesla a few months ago. He already needed something fixed within the first week. A couple of weeks ago his back seat was full of water when it rained. This is only one person, so take it with a grain of salt, but I would be furious if I were him.

·
40 Posts
🤦‍♂️ I thought you had something new to say. It seems you assume no one has ever seen, driven or owned a Tesla before.

·
21 Posts

Wish I lived in the Netherlands!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts