Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it has just been a string of bad luck but in the 15 months since we took delivery of our ID4 (AWD) in October 2021 we have had 3 flat tires in 13K miles. With our other cars we have had 2 flats over the last 15 years that we can remember. Yesterday, I gave up and replaced the Alenzas with Michelin CC2s. I have used these tires in the past on my Golf TDI wagon and experienced about a 5% hit in performance. Even if it turns out to be a 10% mileage hit I am hopeful that my string of flats will end. At least I will have much better tires for when it snows in Boston.

· Super Moderator
6,050 Posts
Maybe it has just been a string of bad luck but in the 15 months since we took delivery of our ID4 (AWD) in October 2021 we have had 3 flat tires in 13K miles. With our other cars we have had 2 flats over the last 15 years that we can remember. Yesterday, I gave up and replaced the Alenzas with Michelin CC2s. I have used these tires in the past on my Golf TDI wagon and experienced about a 5% hit in performance. Even if it turns out to be a 10% mileage hit I am hopeful that my string of flats will end. At least I will have much better tires for when it snows in Boston.
Sorry to hear of your flat tire woes. Perhaps more construction in your area of late and therefore careless strewn contractor screws?

The silver lining is your very nice new Michelins tires!!! :)(y)

5 Posts
I had 7 flats and my rear tires were bald by 15k miles. I got good at plugging the tires myself! I had a set of Michelin Defenders installed and have been happy with them. I took a slight hit in efficiency but I also changed the tires around the same time as weather started to change so i don't know exactly how much of a hit I took.

1,249 Posts
Never go to Home Depot. I have picked up more nails and screws in their parking lots than in tens of thousands of miles of highways.

• Wow
Reactions: Huey52

Proud FE owner
1,362 Posts
I had a tire repaired yesterday. The guy that did the work showed me a very small nail which was the cause. I'm of the mind these Alenzas are exceptionally soft.

I'm only at 8,700 miles, and don't have the wear some have seen, so I have to keeping waiting for the day Michelin calls my name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts