Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found floor mats that I like. The original floor mats ID4 is not the kind of protection I need. Mud and sand always finds its way under the floor mats. Hopefully the ones from weathertech will do the job.

It covers way up and behind the pedals. Not like the original mat:

The original floor mat is a joke....

And finally in the backseat a floor mat that covers the middlesection as well.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

2021 VW ID4 FE
194 Posts
Finally found floor mats that I like. The original floor mats ID4 is not the kind of protection I need. Mud and sand always finds its way under the floor mats. Hopefully the ones from weathertech will do the job.

View attachment 4924

It covers way up and behind the pedals. Not like the original mat:

View attachment 4925

The original floor mat is a joke....

View attachment 4926

And finally in the backseat a floor mat that covers the middlesection as well.
I just got these mats (MuddyBuddy version) and they look great and have good coverage, unfortunately VW continues to use cheap and poor designed snaps that eventually break if you aren't careful when removing. Previous Lexus used turn and locking snaps that never broke.

2021 VW ID4 FE
194 Posts

243 Posts

2021 VW ID4 FE
194 Posts
What was the total after applying the discounts?
And is the VW discount something personal or a generic promo code?
Depends on what state you live in regarding tax and shipping costs + dealers have different prices it seems on the same items. Search around, I picked mine up from a local dealer here in CT to avoid shipping costs. All in with the MuddyBuddy front/rear liners + VW Sunshield it was $191 inc. tax. I applied for a $40 rebate that was approved and should come soon. The rebate is linked below, happy shopping!
Get a 15% rebate by mail on VW Accessories | VW Service & Parts

243 Posts
so..the VW monster mats are S;;t?
No, they just aren’t as protective as the muddy buddy / weathertech mats. The monster mats cover the floor area, whereas the muddy buddy / weathertech mats go up the sides and under the peddles and covers the dead peddle. If you are in an area that doesn’t get a lot of adverse weather, the muddy buddy mats are great.

59 Posts
Depends on what state you live in regarding tax and shipping costs + dealers have different prices it seems on the same items. Search around, I picked mine up from a local dealer here in CT to avoid shipping costs. All in with the MuddyBuddy front/rear liners + VW Sunshield it was $191 inc. tax. I applied for a $40 rebate that was approved and should come soon. The rebate is linked below, happy shopping!
Get a 15% rebate by mail on VW Accessories | VW Service & Parts
Just placed an order to pick up both MuddyBuddy front/rear and trunk liners from a local dealer that had the best pricing (25% off).
Also submitted a VW rebate claim in the amount of $37, so all in all $210 excluding taxes (36% discount).
Thanks, txxthie!

2021 VW ID4 FE
194 Posts
No, they just aren’t as protective as the muddy buddy / weathertech mats. The monster mats cover the floor area, whereas the muddy buddy / weathertech mats go up the sides and under the peddles and covers the dead peddle. If you are in an area that doesn’t get a lot of adverse weather, the muddy buddy mats are great.
Another fan of Weathertech, buy for all of my vehicles, fit is excellent + look factory designed. Monster mats came with my car, cool pattern design, but not very unique (many ID 4s come with them as part of EV protection pkg) They weigh a lot, about 15lbs total. I also found them to be too grippy going from accelerator to brake.

· Super Moderator
6,050 Posts
I trying to know if the Weathertech floor mat of the ID4 2021-22 will fit in the 2023 (TN built).
Thanks for any help. FYI, I'm getting my ID4 today and luckly, I have received it with a heat pump :)
@Plant Peon would know best but I don't believe there're any footwell dimension differences in the TN 2023. Then again WeatherTech is very good about getting an actual model year sample to laser scan (I volunteered my TTS MKIII for their cargo liner scan; new to NA in 2016).
btw: The German built 2021/22 ID.4 official VW Cargo Liner was USA WeatherTech OEM, so a close association. I presume the USA built 2023 ID.4 liner is as well, and likely also the A/S floor mats. When in Rome ...

2,408 Posts
@Plant Peon would know best but I don't believe there're any footwell dimension differences in the TN 2023. Then again WeatherTech is very good about getting an actual model year sample to laser scan (I volunteered my TTS MKIII for their cargo liner scan; new to NA in 2016).
btw: The German built 2021/22 ID.4 official VW Cargo Liner was USA WeatherTech OEM, so a close association. I presume the USA built 2023 ID.4 liner is as well, and likely also the A/S floor mats. When in Rome ...
I do not believe that there is any appreciable difference between the two in that area. You should be fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts