Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing too exciting here, but our 2021 Pro S had developed a serious issue with its touchscreen after 1,000 miles or so. The screen worked fine for display, but much of it didn't respond to touches, except for when it was stone cold in the morning. By the time the car (or the ambient air) warmed up, the screen wouldn't respond to touches. I finally was able to make the time to drop it at a dealer (Serramonte VW in Colma, near San Francisco). The dealer where I got it (Sunnyvale) is farther away. The reason we got it there was they had the specific trim package we wanted.

Anyway, they spent a couple hours testing it, resetting things, and talking to VW Engineering, then told me they were going to replace it, but they had to order a screen. But then moments later they came back and told me they'd found one in their parts department, and were installing it as we spoke. Took about an hour more, and by the time I left, I was very happy.

Everything finally works now, and I'm a happy camper.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
399 Posts
Pretty impressive a dealer would have an expensive item like this in stock. Good to know and congrats on a quick fix.

·
iD4 Pro Performance Max - Ordered July 2021 - Delivery December 2021 (hopefully)
304 Posts
Suddenly finding a rare/expensive part in stock sounds very much like they swapped the part out of another car…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts