Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PRO-S Gradient in Dusk Blue Metallic with Black interior/Tan inserts
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm told the standard wheel size is 19" on the Pro-S. I "think" the Gradient gives you 20-inch. Not sure I'm aware of what the PROS and CONS are. Looks are one thing. Functional benefits? Appreciate any insight here. Thanks!

·
2021 First Edition
178 Posts
Yes, Gradient has 20" wheels and a few other touches, like silver trim on the rear pillar. The only functional benefit I can determine is aesthetic - the wheels look better. But they're also heavier, which means the lighter 19" wheels give you 10 miles more range.

·
PRO-S Gradient in Dusk Blue Metallic with Black interior/Tan inserts
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's very helpful. "Range is good!" Thanks!

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
957 Posts
And there may be a ride quality difference. If you can drive both, you may want to just to satisfy your curiosity.

I don't find the ID.4 ride quality harsh on the 20s but haven't driven the 19s to compare. My flexy Flex came with 20s and a stiffer stock suspension due to my options package so I "downgraded" to 18s to smooth out the ride. My i3 has 19s because I preferred the ride vs. a side-by-side test drive on 20s, though they're both a little harsh.

·
185 Posts
I'm told the standard wheel size is 19" on the Pro-S. I "think" the Gradient gives you 20-inch. Not sure I'm aware of what the PROS and CONS are. Looks are one thing. Functional benefits? Appreciate any insight here. Thanks!
We have the FE and it comes with 20s. They really fill the wheel wells nicely. You will lose a little mileage and a little comfort (hardly noticeable) with the 20s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts