Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall someone posted some images or a PDF file with very clear pictures of gradient and non-gradient cars. Can someone repost the images or links if they remember where they are?

Thanks

ID.4 1st Glacier White w/Lunar Gray - order 9/23

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! This is helpful and much appreciated, but not quite what I was thinking of. Someone posted an image or a couple of images where they had the both pictures side-by-side. Just wondering what the non-Gradient looks like (or whichever one doesn't have the white trims on top).

I think you saw this document someone posted, or it has what you're looking for if it's not what you originally saw. Shows views of each trim level, what you specifically get.
(4) ID.4 Trim Differentiation | Volkswagen ID Forum (vwidtalk.com)

By the way, the Gradient is the only way to get the silver trim on the C-Pillar, silver roof rails and silver trim on the bumper (other than the FE). (According to that document)
If that's what you mean by white trims on top, and you don't want it, then you don't want the Gradient option or FE.

For what it's worth, I thought the silver trim on the bumpers was very cheap looking. I expected a shiny silver plastic like the C-Pillars, but instead it is a bumpy silver plastic that looks like it belongs on a Little Tikes backyard slide. If you don't like the silver on the roof, check that trim out also on a demo car before you decide.
I don't know why they picked such a material, so it wouldn't show so much damage and scratches being on the bumper ? But lots of other cars use a plastic chrome piece down low across the bumper, so is that the reason ?

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think that was what I saw. Thanks so much. And you鈥檙e right about what I meant when I said trim. I guess it鈥檚 silver and not white. In any case, I keep changing my mind about whether I like it or if I should get the non Gradient without it, so it鈥檚 good to see them side by side. Thanks again.

ID.4 1st blue
I don't know why they picked such a material, so it wouldn't show so much damage and scratches being on the bumper ? But lots of other cars use a plastic chrome piece down low across the bumper, so is that the reason ?
That seems to be the trend designed to make it look more sporty and/or rugged. The Rav 4 is full of this stuff. Without it it looks too much like a bloated car imo. Obviously, this is all personal taste.

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh wow. Yes. That is exactly what I saw. Perfect. I bookmarked it this time. Thanks so much. Now I just have to decide which one looks better.

Oh wow. Yes. That is exactly what I saw. Perfect. I bookmarked it this time. Thanks so much. Now I just have to decide which one looks better.
I had the same issue trying to decide which one, plus and minus to both. Wife liked the non-Gradient package better, guess which one we are getting.

Reactions: Doctor Zaius

I had the same issue trying to decide which one, plus and minus to both. Wife liked the non-Gradient package better, guess which one we are getting.
His and hers :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts