Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, certainly know I’m not alone here I just wanted to gripe a bit. Locked in January and I’m in the ‘mid 2022’ expected arrival group. Like many people, VW of America is giving me the runaround and won’t confirm any estimated arrival timeframe, though my dealer seems confident vabout a july-ish delivery. Totally understand this is a first world problem and a problem of privilege, and the crisis in Ukraine is far more important. But still i want my car! Down to one car, our troop hauling atlas which is fantastic.
btw waiting on a black pro s awd, non gradient.
cheers! Julian

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
3,513 Posts
With all of the instability and varied Zwickau output, about the only thing to be confident in is "Patience is a Virtue."

It seems your target date also aligns with the rumored early start of production dates for Chattanooga, so it's almost like your odds double in your favor as you get into mid-summer.

July is just two months away!

·
135 Posts
With all of the instability and varied Zwickau output, about the only thing to be confident in is "Patience is a Virtue."

It seems your target date also aligns with the rumored early start of production dates for Chattanooga, so it's almost like your odds double in your favor as you get into mid-summer.

July is just two months away!
Is that the latest start date? I've seen July, then "fall" (Sept/Oct?). Not sure what the latest info is.

·
3,513 Posts
Is that the latest start date? I've seen July, then "fall" (Sept/Oct?). Not sure what the latest info is.
You have to follow any comments that @Plant Peon thumbs-ups like reading tea leaves! o_O

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
257 Posts
I have read that people who locked in January are receiving "leaving factory" notices and expecting their cars to arrive in July-September, leaving lots of time to travel across the sea, get unloaded, clear customs, and travel to the final destination dealer. By my rough count (from the spreadsheet) there were 68 orders that locked in January.

February had 32 locked orders, March 3, and April 65 (again, rough counts). I am hoping that these 3 months get lumped together and we get "leaving factory" notices very soon. I know that someone who locked in April has already received that notice. Fingers crossed for the rest of us. I'd like to receive my car before the snow starts falling in Maine.

·
3,513 Posts
...people who locked in January are receiving "leaving factory" notices and expecting their cars to arrive in July-September, leaving lots of time to travel across the sea, get unloaded, clear customs, and travel to the final destination dealer...
What's the over/under that a chunk of that time is waiting in Baltimore or Houston for the software update to be blessed and installed? No confirmed model year '22 deliveries in the US as of yet, right?

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
257 Posts
What's the over/under that a chunk of that time is waiting in Baltimore or Houston for the software update to be blessed and installed? No confirmed model year '22 deliveries in the US as of yet, right?
I don't think so (for confirmed deliveries). And yes, it seems that cars sit in Davisville (RI), Baltimore, or Houston before being cleared and sent on their way to the dealer.

·
507 Posts
Hey folks, certainly know I’m not alone here I just wanted to gripe a bit. Locked in January and I’m in the ‘mid 2022’ expected arrival group. Like many people, VW of America is giving me the runaround and won’t confirm any estimated arrival timeframe, though my dealer seems confident vabout a july-ish delivery. Totally understand this is a first world problem and a problem of privilege, and the crisis in Ukraine is far more important. But still i want my car! Down to one car, our troop hauling atlas which is fantastic.
cheers! Julian
I locked on July 4, 2021 and my delivery is estimated July-September 2022.

·
7 Posts
cheers! Julian
Cheers Julian,
If I have this right, the question is 'does VW have any plans to find another supplier of the wiring harness. I've read the wiring harness is made in Ukraine and this is one of the key factors causing delays.
So, #1 - Any plans to find another provider?
#2 - When US production begins, is the Ukranian made wiring harness scheduled to be used in the US as well.
Apparently the Ukraine supplier is top shelf and is preferable but, given the unfortunate situation in Ukraine I don't see how VW could establish a time frame for delivery.

·
ID.4 Pro S Blue Dusk Gradient
66 Posts
The Siem Confucius is anchored off Baltimore with a load of 2022s. It is possible that some of those cars will be delivered within weeks.
Do you think these will be delivered with 2.1 code or will they held at port until 3.x/4.x is available? The only thing I really want is the better winter driving range and hopefully I will not need that for 6-7 months.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,370 Posts
Do you think these will be delivered with 2.1 code or will they held at port until 3.x/4.x is available? The only thing I really want is the better winter driving range and hopefully I will not need that for 6-7 months.
That is the big question! We are hoping they come through with 3.1 and our update is not far behind. We should find out soon.

·
Blue ProS RWD is in my garage! Only took 187 days.
673 Posts
Cheers Julian,
If I have this right, the question is 'does VW have any plans to find another supplier of the wiring harness. I've read the wiring harness is made in Ukraine and this is one of the key factors causing delays.
So, #1 - Any plans to find another provider?
#2 - When US production begins, is the Ukranian made wiring harness scheduled to be used in the US as well.
Apparently the Ukraine supplier is top shelf and is preferable but, given the unfortunate situation in Ukraine I don't see how VW could establish a time frame for delivery.
I read that the Ukrainian supplier for the wire harnesses actually never stopped, they just slowed down a little. VW has setup alternate supplies from North Africa now, so there was a freeze that is now followed by a bunch of production moving forward. Chattanooga wiring harnesses will, I believe, be coming up from Mexico, not US.

@SunWizard was something over a year to get his car. Mine took 186 days. Everything points to more production coming online and shorter delays in the near future. But you're still going to have several months wait as of today.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts