Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
9 Posts
I have read that people who locked in January are receiving "leaving factory" notices and expecting their cars to arrive in July-September, leaving lots of time to travel across the sea, get unloaded, clear customs, and travel to the final destination dealer. By my rough count (from the spreadsheet) there were 68 orders that locked in January.

February had 32 locked orders, March 3, and April 65 (again, rough counts). I am hoping that these 3 months get lumped together and we get "leaving factory" notices very soon. I know that someone who locked in April has already received that notice. Fingers crossed for the rest of us. I'd like to receive my car before the snow starts falling in Maine.
Where do you find your numbers? Also… any prediction you might have for me who reserved Feb 27 and haven’t locked yet 😢

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The Siem Confucius is anchored off Baltimore with a load of 2022s. It is possible that some of those cars will be delivered within weeks.
I'm holding out some hope that something like this will occur, a large cluster of cars on the way and some of us will be pleasantly surprised.. good luck everyone (y)

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,370 Posts
The Siem Confucius is still at anchor in the Baltimore harbor. It has been there since 5/1.

Reactions: Mrau

·
2 Posts
I have read that people who locked in January are receiving "leaving factory" notices and expecting their cars to arrive in July-September, leaving lots of time to travel across the sea, get unloaded, clear customs, and travel to the final destination dealer. By my rough count (from the spreadsheet) there were 68 orders that locked in January.

February had 32 locked orders, March 3, and April 65 (again, rough counts). I am hoping that these 3 months get lumped together and we get "leaving factory" notices very soon. I know that someone who locked in April has already received that notice. Fingers crossed for the rest of us. I'd like to receive my car before the snow starts falling in Maine.
Where do you get that info? E-mail me @: [email protected] if you can help.

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
257 Posts
Where do you get that info? E-mail me @: [email protected] if you can help.
I got the numbers of locked orders from the spreadsheet. I downloaded it so I could sort and play with it (you are not supposed to do anything to the master spreadsheet) so the numbers might be a little out of date, but it gives a rough idea. The "locked in January, leaving factory notices" folks--ID.4 FB group, reddit, here. People who get their magical notices like to crow about it (I am guilty of this--everyone knows when I locked my order, I was in the April 11th group).

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,370 Posts
I placed my order at the beginning of December '21 and still haven't locked yet... I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I ordered a Pro S AWD. Oh well....

·
9 Posts
I placed my order at the beginning of December '21 and still haven't locked yet... I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I ordered a Pro S AWD. Oh well....
Can your dealer shed any light on why/when? I would think you would have locked at least in this last round they pushed thru to lock in March.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,370 Posts
Oh! What’s 20-1? On train to port i read somewhere?
Thanks, Spin
20-1 means production is complete and a vin is assigned. It is either on the way to the port or at the port waiting to be loaded on a ship.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts