Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

48 Posts
Hi,

I am trying to puzzle together when my car will be delivered. According to Sales Rep it now look like around November. Mine was ordered in Dec 2021. I've tried to follow the process in the famous app, but its not very good and the status is per below. Anyone that uses another source were actual weeks can be seen. The only progress noted so far has been from next step preparing planning to now next step is production of car. Also the headline has changed from ID4 something to ID4 2023. Appologies for the swedish text below but some of you seems to be from the Nordics and maybe can relate to my status below :)

Font Number Parallel Circle Screenshot

48 Posts
Yep, my sales rep told me the switch to MY2023 may be earlier than previously announced but as with almost anything VW says - it remains to be confirmed/seen. In addition, I’ve seen different weeks re when the switch was planned originally.

As for the app ”My VW” the only change I can see is that it now states ”ID.4 MY2023”, otherwise very limited info 😕
Tjabo, when did you order your car and is your app also stuck in before the next step: "Now the production of your car has started". Feels like this status has been for more than a month for me.😂

48 Posts
I will wait about another month before I check in with my dealer. Its was said around November. So no exact date there. As I am getting closer to 1 year from order mid dec 2021, I still find hope in that it cant be long away until delivery. Since when you place a new order its about 2-3 Q delivery. Then its completely unreasonable that my waiting should be more than one year. So my bet is that I will have it latest before Christmas 😂

48 Posts
Got a call from my local dealer: my ordered grey metallic can no longer be produced, had to make a change so chose silver metallic (huge car maker VW can’t offer grey metallic?!). He also said that he strongly advise his customers who have ordered powered seats to cancel that option as the wait for such cars is very long, probably well into 2023 even if ordered a long time ago. As for the delivery of my car week 40 is still in the VW system (unlikely as it sounds) but he was confident that I would get the car well before 31 Dec i.e. with the higher green tax credit. Could be that my now cancelled colour has been one hurdle…🙏🏻

The only good update: if I had ordered my car with exactly the same options today it would cost €5000 more after yet another price hike…

OT: solar panels have produced close to 700 kWh electricity since joyful inauguration 28 Aug ☺
Good news with some progress than rather than no news is good news ;) Congrats to the solar panels, yes both august had good weather and september up until now (at least in gothenburg where I am based). So far in september I produced 535KWH and since Feb 2019 it has been 55,6MWH 🌞

48 Posts
I have a SolarEdge system 16,4 kW with 52 panels. This generates yearly between 14,5 - 15MWH depending on the wheather 😀 Most of my panels are in SW location with 40 degrees angle. But som in west as well and the have almost flat angle. When angle is flat the orientation of the panels does almost not matter. My recommendation is put as many panels you can and in all directions this Will make the total installation cheaper since the cost of the inverter is quite large. I was lucky to install my panels some years ago. Now new panels are producing more power but relative cost is also higher due to the massive demand. When I installed the panels 2019 some people almost laughed at me saying it was not profitable. Still I then calculated with 8 years payoff. Will these energy prices stick. It Will be breakeven in 5-6 years so I am almost in the money as they say in finance for options 😀 appologies for this long off topic reply. But I am quite interested in the solar energy.

48 Posts
Stökigt (troublesome) to say the least. I Will wait à month or 2 weeks before I ask again about the status 😅 must be a huge backlog they are working through. I guess the revenue for the dealer has already been fixed on the first price. It might be more of a cashflow issue if they dont receive any cash until the car is delivered. But what do I know of this strange car business 😂

48 Posts
On request I got an update today from the dealer. ”As it looks now, delivery of your car will be around jan/feb. ” This was before around nov. I guess it will be before next summer I am thinking to myself.

48 Posts
I spoke to a friend at fotball camp this weekend. He claimed he made an order 4w ago for id4 not gtx and production to be made in w47 or something. I was very sceptical but wished him good luck. In order not be dissapointed I aim for next summer before go on roadtrip in july. To that its 18m so should be fine 😂

48 Posts
Good for you and congrats. Indeed the app was shutdown but it was useless anyway if something is stuck in same status for monhs its useless if to check on a daily basis. While I am waiting for the id4 I have a rental car Lync&Co and they have a very nice way of communcating, when its time for change to winter tires they show up at home and take the car and fix everything. Also they are replacing my current rental with a newer after a while also at my home. Seems like some companies have something to learn how to treat customers ☺

48 Posts
Why do you expect it arrive in two months?

GTX production was halted in September. Only cars already in production will be completed this year. Restart of production is "sometime 2023".

So unless yours was in production a month ago, it's not coming this year, sadly.
Yes, thanks my expectations are very low and hope to be positivly surprised instead 😅 Jan/Feb I got as latest update I dont trust at all. Hope it looks brighter for the rest of you 😊

Why do you expect it arrive in two months?

GTX production was halted in September. Only cars already in production will be completed this year. Restart of production is "sometime 2023".

So unless yours was in production a month ago, it's not coming this year, sadly.
[/QUOTE]

48 Posts
Seems optimistic taking into account the backlog. Seems many getting the same production/delivery in Jan/feb. Ordered Dec 2021 and Jan/feb 2023. Lets hope its for real and not only the indication when production to resume agan

48 Posts
Hi any one asked delivery update recently. My is Jan/Feb 2023 for order in dec 2021. This info is 1,5m old though and will check again before christmas. Jan/Feb is not far away, just hopes its time enough for them to get their shit together 🤣

48 Posts
Its indeed disturbing, I am thinking to myself if its impossible to produce may car that was ordered a year ago then they cant be producing any cars at all. If they dont manufacture cars now that were ordered 2 years ago. Swedish and blond as I am I am thinking there must be some que logic and the longer I wait it must be mine turn now and what other cars can be in line before other than ordered 2 years ago. And if impossible to produce any cars then no new cars should be sold for production either. Logic must prevail now.

48 Posts
Hello to everyone. I am from Cyprus and i have order an ID.4 GTX on 17/11/21. Still waiting for locked production week. We have started fron 13w and come up to 40 from September were in 1w/23.
As you can see below at week 45 VW produce 7100 bev at zwickau plant.

Hello to everyone. I am from Cyprus and i have order an ID.4 GTX on 17/11/21. Still waiting for locked production week. We have started fron 13w and come up to 40 from September were in 1w/23.
As you can see below at week 45 VW produce 7100 bev at zwickau plant.

Thanks for sharing, nice to see some good news for a change and with no reference to missing chips 😅 hope your car will keep the deadline

48 Posts
Regarding the record production at Zwickau is this the new normal and taking into account that they manufacture a few more brands, anyone that knows how big the backlog is with all the brands together? Not sure whether the high end brands like Porche and Audi is prioritised above VW. I am waiting 2 weeks more before checking the status with the dealer. I guess in a normal cicumstances a dealer will reach out 1-2 weeks before delivery to client to inform that the car can be picked up. But nothing is normal these days....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts