Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

11 Posts
Congratulations Tjabo!!
Im still waiting for my id4GTX with Sportseats (no 360 or electric tailgate), but i did get the productionplanning email last week from volkswagen Sweden stating that production has begun, so hopefully they are putting it together right now :)

11 Posts
They are not producing any GTXs this year.
I think this depends on which market you are in and options on ordered GTX. For Sweden they are definitely producing GTXs, mine was just handed over to shipping after final QC check. So im still hoping for delivery before the new year.
A white GTX with assistance pack, sports seats, and tow hook. So no 360cam, electric tailgate, large 12inch screen or HUD. The car was ordered in Nov of 2021, and will now be delivered as a 2023 model.

11 Posts
I wasn't speculating. I have the letter from VW that they sent last week of September that says they have to halt production and only cars already confirmed for production will be produced this year.
Oh ok, then that makes sense, I can certainly see that they are not locking in any new build weeks for GTXs, i had build week of 44 and it seems that the 4 week "build" time that i have seen floating around before handed over to shipping seems to be correct.

11 Posts
Checking on three of the MY 2023 built GTXs that has showed up on car.info built for Sweden, seems like they are now being produced in Emden... maybe that could also explain the delays/low volume in produced GTX numbers ? 🤷‍♂️

11 Posts
Hi Lars, where do get this info, do you have a link for this tracking?
I just checked VIN on wayke.se on cars available for sale. for exampe.
BEE38P | Volkswagen ID.4 GTX | 220 KW 77kwh Top Sport Dragkrok hos Wayke

is listed on car.info with VIN : WVGZZZE2ZPE005521
BEE38P - Volkswagen ID.4 GTX, 299hp, 2023 (car.info)

And according to the VW VIN reference chart here
VW VIN Codes the 11th Character is the Plant and E=Emden P=Mosel/Zwickau

And this 2023 Pro Performance has Vin WVGZZZE2ZPP000146
WJA020 | Volkswagen ID.4 Pro Performance | 204hk Omgående Leverans | Wayke
So that indicates that it was made in Mosel.

11 Posts
Ok and with this information you try to extrapolate when then they were produced, but its not possible to se when ordered ? :)
Well i was just curious as i thought the GTX was made in Mosel togehter with the other Id4s. And when i saw that the ones for Sweden and 2023 seemed to have moved to Emden my guess was that it might have introduced further delays or limited production capability. Or maybe its all unrelated and its all internal politics on which market the produced GTXs are going to...🤷‍♂️

11 Posts
ID.4:s have been manufactured in Emden since last summer.

Yes i saw that one, but i didnt know about GTX, like if they moved all 4wd versions to one EU factory....
But for me its better as its closer to the boat and my car should be headed here soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts