Volkswagen ID Forum banner
221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
2 Posts
That's great! These were my dates in VW system.

Nov 3 - Car body production started
Nov 10 - Painting started
Nov 15 - Car left production and considered done

Expect roughly 2-3 weeks more for shipment and available for pickup at reseller.
I got about The same exept for car left production (haven't checked today).
I cot my VIN:nr nov 11.
What spec do you have?
Towbar, assistans, assistans plus, topsport plus, panoramic roof, infortainment plus...?

·
Awaiting delivery of a ID.4 GTX
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
I got about The same exept for car left production (haven't checked today).
I cot my VIN:nr nov 11.
What spec do you have?
Towbar, assistans, assistans plus, topsport plus, panoramic roof, infortainment plus...?
When did you order, and which extras did you put on your car?

·
21 Posts
Woohoo.. Just got my delivery date.. 6th of December!

Talking to the dealer it's also really apparent that there really is no logic to what cars get delayed. They apparently have orders with identical cars, ordered on the same day, produced on the same day where one is already on the way, and the other is stuck in Germany waiting for parts/semiconductors and no other information.

A speculation is that the production line is so tightly tied to just-in-time that if you you "miss your slot" waiting for a part you simply end up in a manual process which is just so much slower.

Also learnt that the VW plant is actually scheduled for a one week later this year and that GTX's ordered now likely will be delivered in April/May if you put in an order now. :/ (Which is at least better than BMW iX that my colleague just ordered and he was told he'll get it in 8-9 months. )

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Congratulations henel321!

Concerning the production line closure, I'm actually a little hopeful that they will use that period to get the cars that is missing a few parts (like mine is!) out the door, fingers crossed.
Something that is less funny is the new tech offered for the ID.4 that just went up today. The improved speaker system was discussed at some length previously in this thread, so that comes as no surprise. However there is also another new feature: "Travel Assist 2.5 and Intelligent & Training Park Assist ". According to my dealer this will also not be included on cars till week 51, and is hardware related, so software update seems unlikely to be able to add this feature. However I have also e-mailed VW Sweden asking them to confirm.

Apparently the new "training park assist" offers a recording feature (as BMW has offered for some time on their more expensive cars), where you record a parking manoeuvre and save it, and from that point on the car can do that manoeuvre by itself, sweet feature if you ave a narrow garage or hard parking spot at home or at the office.
I have no clue what "Travel assist 2.5" entails, would love to know if someone else has any details on that.

Nonetheless, feels kinda shitty to not be receiving a completely new car with the "latest kit".

·
9 Posts
Congratulations henel321!

Concerning the production line closure, I'm actually a little hopeful that they will use that period to get the cars that is missing a few parts (like mine is!) out the door, fingers crossed.
Something that is less funny is the new tech offered for the ID.4 that just went up today. The improved speaker system was discussed at some length previously in this thread, so that comes as no surprise. However there is also another new feature: "Travel Assist 2.5 and Intelligent & Training Park Assist ". According to my dealer this will also not be included on cars till week 51, and is hardware related, so software update seems unlikely to be able to add this feature. However I have also e-mailed VW Sweden asking them to confirm.

Apparently the new "training park assist" offers a recording feature (as BMW has offered for some time on their more expensive cars), where you record a parking manoeuvre and save it, and from that point on the car can do that manoeuvre by itself, sweet feature if you ave a narrow garage or hard parking spot at home or at the office.
I have no clue what "Travel assist 2.5" entails, would love to know if someone else has any details on that.

Nonetheless, feels kinda shitty to not be receiving a completely new car with the "latest kit".
Travel assist 2.5 enable automatic lane shift on highway when turnsignal is activated.

·
27 Posts
For me, the park assist is not of much use - have tried it on previous cars but always end up parking manually. The lane assist 2.5 sounds awsome however, as I travel a lot on highways with two lanes and it would be really nice just to press the indicator to make a lane shift. My current side assist is always warning for traffic from the side/back - maybe this is the hardware needed?

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
For me, the park assist is not of much use - have tried it on previous cars but always end up parking manually. The lane assist 2.5 sounds awsome however, as I travel a lot on highways with two lanes and it would be really nice just to press the indicator to make a lane shift. My current side assist is always warning for traffic from the side/back - maybe this is the hardware needed?
Worth mentioning new park system is more advanced then "older systems", for example you get the "remote control parking system" the Touareg has offered for some time.

Granted parking assist is kinda nice to have but I also really want the 2.5 travel assistance. Wonder if its possible to retrofit?

·
21 Posts
Yeah, agree, but it also feels like this is the new way of buying cars, they should start to version them like software. :)

I saw some youtube clips around the hardware not changing BUT this being an upgrade that had to be done at a dealer (when it came to the travel assist upgrades.) - wonder if it was ID.Furkan or Battery Life when he was looking at the ID5. Park assist I really don't care for anyway though.

Will be interesting to see if I get the upgraded speaker though, that is something I would really like. In the equipment list for my car it states "4 högtalare + 1 centerhögtalare fram och 2 högtalare bak" - was it really 7 speakers before?

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Yeah, agree, but it also feels like this is the new way of buying cars, they should start to version them like software. :)

I saw some youtube clips around the hardware not changing BUT this being an upgrade that had to be done at a dealer (when it came to the travel assist upgrades.) - wonder if it was ID.Furkan or Battery Life when he was looking at the ID5. Park assist I really don't care for anyway though.

Will be interesting to see if I get the upgraded speaker though, that is something I would really like. In the equipment list for my car it states "4 högtalare + 1 centerhögtalare fram och 2 högtalare bak" - was it really 7 speakers before?
Would be nice if that was correct.

There has always been 7 speakers (at least here in Sweden). The new speaker system will be offered on vehicles being built on week 51 and forward.

·
21 Posts
You got that from your dealer or inside the app? Mine is still in Cuxhaven waiting for shipment.
I got my delivery date from the dealer. My app never even went into "transportation" but just jumped straight to "Soon your Volkswagen is with your dealer". According to the same dealer the app/MyVolkswagen is not really to be trusted as the statuses do not match what they are seeing in the system in a lot of cases...

221 - 240 of 258 Posts