Volkswagen ID Forum banner
501 - 520 of 762 Posts

2019 Golf Mk 7, 2023 ID.4 GTX
108 Posts
😡 What a shitshow - but we should ’t be surprised by anything really from VW. I could understand and accept the difficulties and delays just after Putler started his war, sorry special operations, but now? It’s more than seven months since that started and VW still can’t get their shit together? Contingency plans? Etc etc.

Even so, one would expect them to be more transparent re the situation vs (in)patient customers. And indeed, show some respect 😑

Waiting for a Grenadill black met ID.4 GTX. Black 21" rims. Since 10th may 2022.
32 Posts
Well now I got a letter from VW. There a still bottlenecks on the availability of compononents and Volkswagen is unable to produce GTXs. All GTXs not confirmed for production have been moved to 2023. The current "assessment" is that production will resume during early 2023.
Is that letter a reply on an enquiry from you, or is it something VW (germany?) has sent out on their own to inform customers?
Anyway, total bummer news.

815 Posts
Is that letter a reply on an enquiry from you, or is it something VW (germany?) has sent out on their own to inform customers?
A nice PDF letter at least our local VW sent out to customers who are waiting on a GTX.

The stated issue is parts needed for the AWD powerline. Assuming that this is all of Europe - as the wording of the letter states - then I'd assume that it's going to be dropping in other countries as well. There is no date on the letter itself, but the PDF file is named "....09-2022", so seems like a recent development.

It also aligns with my expected production being pushed to March 2023 two weeks ago or so. And it's directly contrary to my expected production being January 2023, to which is changed to yesterday.

Waiting for a Grenadill black met ID.4 GTX. Black 21" rims. Since 10th may 2022.
32 Posts
A nice PDF letter at least our local VW sent out to customers who are waiting on a GTX.

The stated issue is parts needed for the AWD powerline. Assuming that this is all of Europe - as the wording of the letter states - then I'd assume that it's going to be dropping in other countries as well. There is no date on the letter itself, but the PDF file is named "....09-2022", so seems like a recent development.

It also aligns with my expected production being pushed to March 2023 two weeks ago or so. And it's directly contrary to my expected production being January 2023, to which is changed to yesterday.
Ok, Thanks. Just wondering if I should expect to recive something from VW Norway or my local dealer. She normally calls me once a month, so guess I`ll be informed of this in the middle of October then.

815 Posts
Ok, Thanks. Just wondering if I should expect to recive something from VW Norway or my local dealer. She normally calls me once a month, so guess I`ll be informed of this in the middle of October then.
Well the wording of the letter is that the "manufacturer" - which is VW Germany - has informed that production of GTXs is halted. Not slowed down or anything, halted. This applies to all vehicles not already in production at this time.

While I guess it's possible that it would be only my country's allocated production, the wording suggests otherwise.

108 Posts
Well now I got a letter from VW. There a still bottlenecks on the availability of compononents and Volkswagen is unable to produce GTXs. All GTXs not confirmed for production have been moved to 2023. The current "assessment" is that production will resume during early 2023.
It would be interesting to actually see that letter if you have the opportunity to post it here and, of course, if you want to do it.

No news from my dealer or re app status :rolleyes:

815 Posts
It would be interesting to actually see that letter if you have the opportunity to post it here and, of course, if you want to do it.

No news from my dealer or re app status :rolleyes:
Well as you know it's not in a language you presumably can read, but let's say as soon as I hear that others have received it here - meaning mentions on any of our forums - I'll post a screenshot of it. Up to you if you feel like Google translating.

The reason I'm hesitant is that the email (not the letter) said "We now have a letter from [the importing side]. I've attached it for you".

As I was kind of waiting on seeing some mention of it today already but didn't, I do wonder if my contact slightly jumped the gun when sending it to me today. Was it cleared for delivery yet, like 99 % sure it had to be. The one % is due to that person not working on the consumer side anymore, but still handling 'old' sales like mine.

I honestly would have thought that it would be all over at least here.

Edit: oh, same, my app still says 2023/W02 just now. Goes to show how much that is to be trusted.

51 Posts
On request I got an update today from the dealer. ”As it looks now, delivery of your car will be around jan/feb. ” This was before around nov. I guess it will be before next summer I am thinking to myself.

815 Posts
On request I got an update today from the dealer. ”As it looks now, delivery of your car will be around jan/feb. ” This was before around nov. I guess it will be before next summer I am thinking to myself.
That is weird, factoring in the letter I got.

Then again, my app also still shows expected production in January, which conflicts with the letter about halted production.

I do wonder how the letter should be read. I assumed that not having confirmed production time meant just that. I only have a projected/preliminary week of.

As the app usually updates Sun/Mon night for me - and at least one other person - I'll see what it looks like on Monday.

I did ask around locally, and a few people waiting on a ID.4 GTX didn't get that letter (yet) and preliminary production remains Jan/Feb.

Really odd. There's also nothing on the webpages here either.

108 Posts
Visited my VW dealer today as week 40 is ”delivery week” according to previous info. Surprise, surprise - another delay!
The info they could pull out of their systems (>> than what my VW app gives) is that the car has indeed been confirmed as ”In production” which I think is an euphemism for ”We hope to make the car some time quite soon but we don’t know when really”.
Anyway, they said it is confirmed for production but they have probably just waited for one or two parts with supply issues (360 camera perhaps) but it will be made this week. Well, I truly hope that but it sounds a bit like ”the check is in the mail”…
They also told me that they don’t take any GTX orders at all now (!) and that a plain ID.4 ordered today means at least 6 months waiting.
Will f/u with a physical visit to the dealer next Monday.
Oh, and the app just gives error messages now :rolleyes:

51 Posts
I spoke to a friend at fotball camp this weekend. He claimed he made an order 4w ago for id4 not gtx and production to be made in w47 or something. I was very sceptical but wished him good luck. In order not be dissapointed I aim for next summer before go on roadtrip in july. To that its 18m so should be fine 😂

815 Posts
I spoke to a friend at fotball camp this weekend. He claimed he made an order 4w ago for id4 not gtx and production to be made in w47 or something.
Quite possible if it's someone else's order that could still be configured (which they can be about until about 4 weeks before production, according to my rep), but that someone else cancelled.

VW did state that they expect the shortages to last all 2023. If they could actually produce cars in two months they'd advertise all over simply because anything below 6 months would be significantly faster than competition.

108 Posts
Monday thus visit to dealer for regular update/nag:

”The car is confirmed in stage 7 but is not produced yet. Most likely waiting for scarce part e.g. 360 camera. You’re lucky you haven’t ordered the sport seats, the wait for those cars is still very long and a major problem. Once the part they’re waiting for is available production will start but we as a dealer won’t get an update until the car has left the assembly line and has gone through QC etc. We’re very confident you’ll get your car well before 31 Dec i.e. when the tax credit is lowered with ~ € 2000. Form our experience with similar cars ordered from us the time from entering stage 7 to completed build is 2-4 weeks”

Hmm, my car entered stage 7 on Sep 15…
Well, will pop in to the dealer in a week with mood ⬇😡 if I haven’t received any good news by then.

815 Posts
Yeah it's most def waiting on something. Build-time is four days, only, remember.

The 360' camera is an issue, because it's not limited to ID-cars; the ICE cars and utility cars (vans etc) also have 360 cams. So the demand is way higher than just EV-specific parts.

I still find the racecar-seats to be odd, as that is a mention our local VW hasn't mentioned that. Further, I would assume the issue is the adjustment-system, not the cushion itself?

I've resigned to waiting until well into 2023, even if the app says 2023/W02. I'm assuming they quit updating that completely when they decided to halt the production for cars that had not been 'slotted' to be produced yet.

108 Posts
I still find the racecar-seats to be odd, as that is a mention our local VW hasn't mentioned that. Further, I would assume the issue is the adjustment-system, not the cushion itself?
Most likely as many other parts with any kind of electronics are delayed. The sport seats is def an issue here as very very few such cars get delivered to Sweden (he had some real and very low delivery numbers).

501 - 520 of 762 Posts