Volkswagen ID Forum banner
581 - 600 of 620 Posts

·
27 Posts
Its indeed disturbing, I am thinking to myself if its impossible to produce may car that was ordered a year ago then they cant be producing any cars at all. If they dont manufacture cars now that were ordered 2 years ago. Swedish and blond as I am I am thinking there must be some que logic and the longer I wait it must be mine turn now and what other cars can be in line before other than ordered 2 years ago. And if impossible to produce any cars then no new cars should be sold for production either. Logic must prevail now.

·
7 Posts
Hello to everyone. I am from Cyprus and i have order an ID.4 GTX on 17/11/21. Still waiting for locked production week. We have started fron 13w and come up to 40 from September were in 1w/23.
As you can see below at week 45 VW produce 7100 bev at zwickau plant.

·
27 Posts
Hello to everyone. I am from Cyprus and i have order an ID.4 GTX on 17/11/21. Still waiting for locked production week. We have started fron 13w and come up to 40 from September were in 1w/23.

Thanks for sharing, nice to see some good news for a change and with no reference to missing chips 😅 hope your car will keep the deadline

·
700 Posts
Stoped asking because dealers dont know s**t. I ordered september 2021 and have been given jan/feb 2023 when I asked late september. Taking that with a truckload of salt.
The dealers can access the VW system and check the status.

As my projected production week was moved to earlier just now, after the record week, well, it kinda fits my theory of the projected week simply being a cue that adjusts based on production and only the confirmed week actually being semi-reliable.

·
7 Posts
The dealers can access the VW system and check the status.

As my projected production week was moved to earlier just now, after the record week, well, it kinda fits my theory of the projected week simply being a cue that adjusts based on production and only the confirmed week actually being semi-reliable.
Is not a theory. This is the actual meaning, this what my dealer explain to me. What is your new projected production week?

·
700 Posts
Preliminary production week moved from wk1/23 to wk2/23. Hope this must be the last change!
It's not going to be. There's strong evidence pointing to the preliminary being an extrapolation of what's in the cue and how many cars were built in a week or in two weeks

It usually updates Sunday/Monday night, and we know they do work on at least Saturdays, so it seems to adjust when a weeks production is in. When Zwickau had their record week, it updated on Monday, and I suspect it's because they worked on Sunday as well. After that week, mine went from W07 to W04.

Additionally, my sales rep stated that the only estimate that is somewhat reliable is the actual confirmed week of production. This is a month before production.

So, if you're projected week 2, it should be confirmed around week 48, which is still far away enough to get shuffled.. also, if my guess about how the estimate is done, it could take a delay around Christmas when quite a few people take days off in addition to the Holidays.

·
27 Posts
Regarding the record production at Zwickau is this the new normal and taking into account that they manufacture a few more brands, anyone that knows how big the backlog is with all the brands together? Not sure whether the high end brands like Porche and Audi is prioritised above VW. I am waiting 2 weeks more before checking the status with the dealer. I guess in a normal cicumstances a dealer will reach out 1-2 weeks before delivery to client to inform that the car can be picked up. But nothing is normal these days....

·
700 Posts
Hard to say what lead to the record, except that they might've pulled Sunday as well.

Audi backlog is worse than ID.4/5. About a month ago the estimate for a new ID.4 was 6-8 months, GTX 8-10 months. Audi was over a year across the board. So it doesn't seem to get priority. Maybe a parts issue, too, Audi being the same with different interior. Maybe the fancy systems of Audi need fancy parts that are not available...

·
700 Posts
Ok thanks, it seems almost easier to predict the stockmarket than delivery of cars these days :p
It actually is. Or, well, stock market can be predicted, because there is information available all over. Just would need to assess it and make the correct guess.

Car deliveries, info is stupidly scarce and un-reliable. There are huge riots in China's "iPhone City" because they are locking down millions of people. This supposedly hits mainly phones - for now - but who knows if it's another parts shortage.

Putler again bomber Ukraine - because he's losing, bad - and quite a lot of the country is out of power. Will that again hit the factories that provide wiring harness' for all European car manufacturers? Who knows..

·
7 Posts
Regarding the record production at Zwickau is this the new normal and taking into account that they manufacture a few more brands, anyone that knows how big the backlog is with all the brands together? Not sure whether the high end brands like Porche and Audi is prioritised above VW. I am waiting 2 weeks more before checking the status with the dealer. I guess in a normal cicumstances a dealer will reach out 1-2 weeks before delivery to client to inform that the car can be picked up. But nothing is normal these days....
At Zwickau produce VW ID3, ID4, ID5, Audi Q4, Cupra Born. None Porsche and Skoda.

581 - 600 of 620 Posts