Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Has anyone received a GTX delivery date?

96K views 850 replies 59 participants last post by  20ashdale 
#1 · (Edited)
Wondering if anyone that has ordered a GTX has gotten any estimated delivery dates?
My order has had the status "ordered" ever since I put down the order back in May.

#31 ·
You have to ask the dealer - and my delivery date is now as certain as human rights in Afghanistan.

Everything is delayed, but the dealer cannot get any information on how long it might be.

All I know is: Car was supposed to be delivered last week, but it has not even been built yet.

#38 ·
This was the week when my car was supposed to be built, so far no update in the app, and my dealer hasn't gotten any information that it will actually be built this week. Still three days to go!
The ever increasing chip shortages has resulted in between two weeks up to a couple of months of delays according to my dealer, fingers crossed I'm not affected...But I'm fairly sure I am.

#39 ·
I think we should all buckle up for riding out further delays: Malaysia, the location of one of VW's primary chip suppliers' (50+ semiconductors for the ID.4) main production facilities, is seeing a surge in Covid-19 cases and, consequently, the shutdown of factories and businesses.

#40 ·
Hi, I have also recently ordered a gtx. According to the seller I will have to wait 4 months. He did however mention something interesting. Looking at VW they are focusing on geting the ID series on the market rather than the other models. They are still have deals on the id 4 series but increasing price on the other models.

Another thing I am tackling is the infotainment plus package, which I have ordered. According to the seller there is NOT a speaker upgrade in that package, or it does not mention it in the details but when I look at vw homepage it states a speaker upgrade with more speakers and a subwoofer also. I spoke with vw, and got an inofficial answe that there was a speaker upgrade. Will try to get that on print somehow as that is important for me.

#42 ·
Welcome to the forum and the GTX order!

May I ask when you ordered exactly, and where you are located?

And also: where do you see the speaker upgrade?

With regards to the ID.-family, VW is prioritising it over the ICE-models, as VW is facing a massive EU-fine, should they miss their CO2-target - unfortunately, the semiconductor crisis is now not only affecting the ICE-lines but also Zwickau.

#49 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum.

We ordered at ID.4 GTX in mid August. Dealer said ETA was week 12! But the dealer also said everything is very uncertain -- could be before, could be later. However, six months seems like a very long time to wait, so we were a bit disappointed about this. Anyway, I've noticed that some people in here are able to do some kind of tracking via the my.volkswagen page, but I'm not sure how to do this. Could someone explain to me how I can do that since the dealer appears to be incapable of sharing any kind of information until six weeks before the expected delivery date.

Also, if anyone has any information on updates on the shipping rates that would be much appreciated.

#53 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum.

We ordered at ID.4 GTX in mid August. Dealer said ETA was week 12! But the dealer also said everything is very uncertain -- could be before, could be later. However, six months seems like a very long time to wait, so we were a bit disappointed about this. Anyway, I've noticed that some people in here are able to do some kind of tracking via the my.volkswagen page, but I'm not sure how to do this. Could someone explain to me how I can do that since the dealer appears to be incapable of sharing any kind of information until six weeks before the expected delivery date.

Also, if anyone has any information on updates on the shipping rates that would be much appreciated.
I downloaded the app my volkswagen. You have to identify yourself. In sweden we use ”bankid”, not sure what you use in denmark. I can see my car there and the next step. It does not specify anything about estimated delivery.

I don’t know if the more experienced guys have another way of following the process? If there is I would appreciate that info also.

#80 ·
My dealer in Finland got a red GTX yesterday and I was able to spend 1 hour with it.

First of all the looks are amazing! By far the best looking EV to my taste. Once inside the car I found the blue-red highlights to be nice. I was worried that I would have disliked that in person. Then on to the road. Foot down from the first lights and YES! Now this accelerates like its supposed to and I can feel it in my stomach as well. Also the overtaking acceleration is pretty good now so going from 80 to 120 kmh goes swiftly and you do not have to worry about making it.

Also checked the trunk and no subwoofer there on this one and I think this car had all the options included except the tow hook. The audio was ok to my taste and maybe does not need an upgrade. Will have to see later on. I also did a short efficiency test (20 km only) and at 110kmh GPS speed I got 21.4kwh/100km which is a bit high, but the car was running 21" Narvik wheels. At the end of my 1 hour test I was starting to notice how good the top sport seat is. Really happy that we picked those to our car.

This did not help the car fewer at all, but now I know at least it is worth the wait :D

#82 ·
Just have to join in with a data-point, as I am also waiting for delivery of my GTX:
First info on build week when I ordered before the summer was w 29.
Week 34 I was informed about a delay but that it was locked for production...
Now in the MinVolkswagen App it says status "Production Planning".
Silver GTX with most packages and towbar, Sweden. Waiting, waiting...

#98 ·
That is annoying indeed. My order date was May 10 and I get very limited info as well. Unfortunately I also got the news on the sound system only being for the 2022/2 model that can be ordered from week 48.I assume the 3.0 version of the software can be delivered OTA. The current info to me on production date is beginning of October - which is strange since it later than both of yours.

#100 ·
What bothers me the most is the fact that we get an outdated model just as the new changes are going into effect - the upgraded sound system comes with a price increase, so fair enough, I guess - but I am not OK with missing out on features that are included soon after delivery of ours.

#106 ·
Spoke with VW Sweden today, apparently this wasn't too bad a news. Both Park Assist and Light Staging System will be available via software update, no word if it will be a free upgrade or something you pay for, also no information on the possibility to upgrade the speaker system.

#107 ·
Thank you for the update - it certainly seems as if VW Sweden both knows more and provides better and clearer information when they do.

I get the sense that my own dealer is doing their best, but that the Danish importer, Semler A/S, is simply not up to the job.

#112 ·
Thanks for sharing what you learned and your view on the 'extras'.

I think it is quite provocative to start adding features and extras to a car model before they have even shipped the first cars to customers and now it is a matter of a few weeks difference in production you will actually get extras on the car at no cost. As someone else said...so much for being among the first to order.

#113 ·
The dealer said we should be getting the extra software-based services later via OTA, at least - but yes, they could, at the very least, have added the upgraded sound system to all reservation holders as a compensation for the delays, and not only a group of customers, who happened to coincidentally time their reservations to qualify for the free upgrade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.