Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Has anyone who reserved an AWD Pro S in the month of May gotten past Step 1?

6K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Bree 
#1 ·
Through purely anecdotal evidence from comments seen in various ID.4 FB groups, there seems to be a trend that if you placed your reservation for an AWD ID.4 in the month of May, VW seems to have just completely ignored these.

I reserved a Moonstone AWD Pro S at the beginning of May, but I’m STILL sitting at step 1 and have not been asked for the additional $400 to lock in my order.

However, numerous people have reported getting the lock in your order emails that reserved their AWD vehicles months after me, at least one of which just reserved his earlier this month?!

These (US) reservations have been a mix of non-Gradient (like mine) and Gradient Pro Ses . Meanwhile it seems like those of us who ordered in May, have just gotten nothing but radio silence. 🙁

Is there anyone on here who reserved an AWD Pro S in the month of May AND has made it past Step 1 of the reservation process?

#2 ·
There is 1 member here who reserved in late May and already got it not just locked, but produced with a VIN:
It seems the process for this is very random, and not in date of reservation like VW keeps telling us. I have read about dealer allotments being a likely cause, but who knows. You think they at least would lock your order like many made after you. See this spreadsheet for info about many (now 119) reservations and how they are progressing:

#4 ·
I reserved a Pro S AWD on May 15, and am still at step 1. Today I reserved a Pro S Gradient AWD after seeing significant evidence that they are being given priority. I will order whichever one is offered first. I don’t really want to spend the extra $1500 for the Gradient, but if it gets me a car before the $7500 tax credit is phased out it will be money well spent.

#9 ·
I placed mine at the same time , give or take a day. And with the same specs. Try to reach out to your sales man. Mine said that mine will start production in November And should receive mine in December. Fingers cross!! Unless buy luck..February seems to be final point if any chance for receiving this year delivery.

#10 ·
Hi All,

I'm the user that @SunWizard mentioned placed my reservation in May and locked in June. SunWizard and I have gone back and forth speculating on how VW prioritizes production and it does seem a bit random. My dealer, who claims to not have any more information than I do about the car I've ordered and its progress has been relying on me to tell him what VIN and where I think the car is. At the moment, I'm hopeful that it is being offloaded at the Davisville port but I can't be certain. My dealer, also suggested that there may be some element of dealer allocations that play into the manufacturing priority. Not sure how true that is since I have no ability to see how many ID4s are ordered through any one dealer vs. how many have been delivered.

I would agree that it seems extremely odd for you to still be stuck at step 1 since I would have expected you to be able to lock and THEN they would decide where in the queue your car falls in production. Sorry I don't have any more info but since I had a timeline that aligned with your May order, I thought I'd chime in.

Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.