Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemembers, given careful use thus far I don't, yet, have an issue with scratching/gouging my hatch sill, but I know it's just a matter of time given how much and how often I haul items (woodworking in particular). I'm considering this product which I've seen applied to a Benz GLA (not ours but considering for that one as well), however I am open to suggestions. Also, is there a genuine VW solution? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
Will the thickness interfere with closing the hatch? I usually just put a moving blanket over the sill.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently have a small old rug under my false floor, which I often forget to deploy, but looking for a more elegant, "permanent", and yes non-interfering solution. Other VW hatch models offer a dealer-added clear vinyl protection but haven't seen one for the ID.4.
Will the thickness interfere with closing the hatch? I usually just put a moving blanket over the sill.

·
166 Posts
I currently have a small old rug under my false floor, which I often forget to deploy, but looking for a more elegant, "permanent", and yes non-interfering solution. Other VW hatch models offer a dealer-added clear vinyl protection but haven't seen one for the ID.4.
I would like something for the rear sills too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts