Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my ID.4 setup to leave the headlights on for 10 seconds after getting out of the car (Coming Home Feature). The manual says there should be no warning of leaving the headlights on in this scenario “When the exit lighting (“Coming home”function) is switched on, no acoustic signal will be given as a reminder that a light is still switch- ed on when leaving the vehicle.”

My issue is the drivers display shows a message about turning off the headlights and plays a chime. Is there a setting I am missing or does everyone else’s also do this?

·
ID.4 1st Edition
171 Posts
I also noticed that but ignored it. What I can’t figure out is if the doors are locking automatically when I walk away. There is no way to test it.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
475 Posts
I also noticed that but ignored it. What I can’t figure out is if the doors are locking automatically when I walk away. There is no way to test it.
put your Fob on the kitchen counter and walk back later!

·
115 Posts
That reminds me of the last time my dad visited me, he was driving a rental car and wasn't used to keyless entry. He told me he couldn't ever get the doors to stay locked. I had to explain that testing the doors with the fob in your pocket unlocks the doors...

·
ID.4 1st Edition
171 Posts
put your Fob on the kitchen counter and walk back later!
What I mean is there is no way to test it if you’re out on an errand (e.g. grocery store) by yourself. You can’t hear the locks click - up close or from a distance.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
475 Posts
What I mean is there is no way to test it if you’re out on an errand (e.g. grocery store) by yourself. You can’t hear the locks click - up close or from a distance.
sure, but I was proposing a controlled test environment. You could go shopping, give the fob to friend/spouse/child/stranger and try out that way.

·
220 Posts
if you want to be sure, they give you the option for the touch lock on the door handle.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,865 Posts
I have my side mirrors set to fold upon [door touch] locking as my assurance it has done so.

You can also set a beep on lock (it is off by default, which I appreciate as too many beeps/flashing headlights in my 'hood late at night!).

Many settings in "Vehicle" there are, with some not fully intuitive.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
719 Posts
I have my side mirrors set to fold upon [door touch] locking as my assurance it has done so.

You can also set a beep on lock (it is off by default).

Many settings in "Vehicle" there are, with some not fully intuitive.
That is how I always check on my car - I have the mirrors to auto-fold so I get a visual confirmation the doors lock (also the beep on lock, while annoying, is nice assurance as well).

Reactions: egsell

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
434 Posts
Does the ID.4 beep on lock just use the horn to beep, or does it have a separate chirp kind of sound?

·
ID.4 Pro S RWD
206 Posts
That reminds me of the last time my dad visited me, he was driving a rental car and wasn't used to keyless entry. He told me he couldn't ever get the doors to stay locked. I had to explain that testing the doors with the fob in your pocket unlocks the doors...
On the ID.4, he might not have had that problem...

It's not clear whether the same is true when locking with the keyfob. I found this interesting, too:

These are both from the European Owner's manual, so it's possible that US cars are different.

Reactions: theboomr

·
ID 4 First Edition - Black
68 Posts
you can set a confirmation chime in the menus. Or set the mirrors to close when you lock...bothof these are good responsive indicators.

·
ID.4 1st Edition
171 Posts
Wait...there's an option to automatically lock? I looked for that, but couldn't find it.
That’s the same problem I’m having. I’ve looked everywhere and I can only find a setting for automatic unlock, but not automatic lock.

·
ID.4 1st Edition
171 Posts
I don't think there is. No mention of it in the manual.
I finally opened the manual and, indeed, you have to touch the door handle a certain way to lock the doors. My Honda locks automatically when I walk away from it. I expected that would be an option, at least.

·
14 Posts
I finally opened the manual and, indeed, you have to touch the door handle a certain way to lock the doors. My Honda locks automatically when I walk away from it. I expected that would be an option, at least.
That was my discovery as well; I think I misread your earlier post. Like you, I was accustomed to my Honda locking when I walked away from the vehicle. I'll have to retrain myself--I'm certain I will forget to lock it for awhile.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts