Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I blame all the capacitive controls
As you should! But in this case, it IS possible to turn the headlights off at night when you're not in motion. The problem is, they won't stay turned off. If you drive too long or over a certain speed, they automatically turn on. I guess the capacitive control allows for the cars' computer to override my headlight selection in a way that would be difficult with a conventional switch, but the problem is not with the switch.

I keep hoping that someone finds a way to use a VCDS tool to change a setting and keep the headlights shut off if I manually shut them off ... or at least change the speed or timing that causes the lights to turn back on. So far, none of our VCDS gurus have reported a way to do this.

·
29 Posts
We drove through a Christmas light event at the local fairgrounds this evening. They request that you drive through the event with your headlights off. I felt like an ass not being able to turn them off and keep them off! I tried twice but as others have reported, the headlights would not stay off. After the first incident I stayed under 4 mph and they still came back on, so I think it’s a timer setting. Ugh.

·
625 Posts
We drove through a Christmas light event at the local fairgrounds this evening. They request that you drive through the event with your headlights off. I felt like an ass not being able to turn them off and keep them off! I tried twice but as others have reported, the headlights would not stay off. After the first incident I stayed under 4 mph and they still came back on, so I think it’s a timer setting. Ugh.
It’s both time and speed. Also, I saw today that the Mk8 Golf has the same headlight controls (and steering wheel) as the ID.4; wonder if they have the same issue…

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
483 Posts
I have tried several adaptations and changes in the central gateway (Module 19) and no luck so far. I did manage to disable the swiveling headlights unintentionally! but got them back. Will keep at it and let you all know if I have any luck.
To me it is a dumb feature, I understand automation and making things better, but the driver should have full control over something like the headlights.....

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have tried several adaptations and changes in the central gateway (Module 19) and no luck so far. I did manage to disable the swiveling headlights unintentionally! but got them back. Will keep at it and let you all know if I have any luck.
To me it is a dumb feature, I understand automation and making things better, but the driver should have full control over something like the headlights.....
Have you looked at the light button module?
(I received my OBDeleven last week but I haven't learned how to use it yet.)

·
1 Posts
If you're in the Portland, Maine area .... I did the same thing with my 4 day old ID.4 and felt the same. I even pulled over at a blank area and spent 10 minutes googling a solution that doesn't exist

·
29 Posts
If you're in the Portland, Maine area .... I did the same thing with my 4 day old ID.4 and felt the same. I even pulled over at a blank area and spent 10 minutes googling a solution that doesn't exist
I’m sure we were at the same event! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

·
1 Posts
I'm also on Whidbey Island with a new id.4 Pro S and discovered the problem last night. I'm real interested in a solution to this.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts