Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had experience with the heated windshield in the AWD model? I am interested to find out if it interferes with Toll Pass Transponder mounted on the inside of the window. I was also interested on how well it works. Thanks.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
107 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had experience with the heated windshield in the AWD model? I am interested to find out if it interferes with Toll Pass Transponder mounted on the inside of the window. I was also interested on how well it works. Thanks.
Nobody has taken delivery of an AWD ID.4 yet since they haven’t made any (except for preproduction models). There have only been a small amount of deliveries in Europe so far, but we should be getting our First Editions and early PRO RWD here in March to April timeframe. AWD with heated windshields are coming later in the year.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
771 Posts
We have a Benz GLA and an Audi TT, both with windshield heating, and no issues with a toll transponder. I would think VW USA took this into account and therefore no issues on the ID.4.

·
2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
302 Posts
We have a Benz GLA and an Audi TT, both with windshield heating, and no issues with a toll transponder. I would think VW USA took this into account and therefore no issues on the ID.4.
I think heated windshields are ok, but the ones with IR reflecting glass will interfere with the signal. And that looks to be yet another thing they get in Europe that we in the US do not. You can pick it out in some pictures and videos of the ID.4 by the blue/odd tint to the front window. I have one car with and one without it on the front. Actually makes a little difference here in Florida.

Reactions: Huey52

·
217 Posts
Usually, if the treatment causes a problem, there is a "window" in the features we are talking about near the rear view mirror whose location is described in the owner's manual so that these aides can be positioned without interference. Hope VW is doing this.

·
584 Posts
Usually, if the treatment causes a problem, there is a "window" in the features we are talking about near the rear view mirror whose location is described in the owner's manual so that these aides can be positioned without interference. Hope VW is doing this.
VW didn't do this with my '12 Passat and I needed to put my EZ-Pass down where it was in my line of vision. Hopefully they smartened up by now.

Reactions: ted99
1 - 7 of 7 Posts