Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition Blue Dusk
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a VW fan since 2004. I've owned a 1998 New Beetle, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen, 2013 Jetta, 2015 Jetta and 2015 Golf Sportwagen. All Diesels. The reason I have owned TDIs is because of the fuel economy. I'm exited about owning an ID.4 Pro AWD.

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exterior Color: Dusk Blue Metallic
Interior Color: Galaxy Black
Pro S (Statement)

I was considering White but it looks really good in Blue.

·
257 Posts
I've been a VW fan since 2004. I've owned a 1998 New Beetle, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen, 2013 Jetta, 2015 Jetta and 2015 Golf Sportwagen. All Diesels. The reason I have owned TDIs is because of the fuel economy. I'm exited about owning an ID.4 Pro AWD.
Did you do any math to see how much you could potentially save by going all-electric?
Apparently the ID.4 gives the best cost per range of any EV available so far.

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you do any math to see how much you could potentially save by going all-electric?
Apparently the ID.4 gives the best cost per range of any EV available so far.
My 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI can do an average of $0.059 per mile.

According to VW (EPA confirms 250-mile range for Volkswagen ID.4 Pro and 1st Edition electric SUV) the ID.4 "allow for 13 cents per kilowatt-hour". With an "efficiency rating of 35 kWh per 100 miles" (2021 Volkswagen ID.4 EPA Range Official: 250 Miles Per Charge - TeslaNorth.com).

100 miles on my TDI would cost me $5.90
100 miles on the ID.4 would cost me $4.55

I'm not sure were the 13 cents come from. Is it the average cost when you pay at a non-Electrify America charging station or at home?

·
777 Posts
My 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI can do an average of $0.059 per mile.

According to VW (EPA confirms 250-mile range for Volkswagen ID.4 Pro and 1st Edition electric SUV) the ID.4 "allow for 13 cents per kilowatt-hour". With an "efficiency rating of 35 kWh per 100 miles" (2021 Volkswagen ID.4 EPA Range Official: 250 Miles Per Charge - TeslaNorth.com).

100 miles on my TDI would cost me $5.90
100 miles on the ID.4 would cost me $4.55

I'm not sure were the 13 cents come from. Is it the average cost when you pay at a non-Electrify America charging station or at home?
I believe I saw that the 13 cents/Kwh charge is the nationwide average, it is 17.5 cents/Kwh here. Based on Plugshare, I have seen charging stations run 25-38 cents/Kwh.

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe I saw that the 13 cents/Kwh charge is the nationwide average, it is 17.5 cents/Kwh here. Based on Plugshare, I have seen charging stations run 25-38 cents/Kwh.
I see. I also have to take into consideration the maintenance for the car TDI. Every:

10K miles motor oil change $55
20K miles fuel filter change and motor oil change $85
40K miles motor oil and transmission fluid $175
120K miles timing belt and water pump $500

·
777 Posts
I see. I also have to take into consideration the maintenance for the car TDI. Every:

10K miles motor oil change $55
20K miles fuel filter change and motor oil change $85
40K miles motor oil and transmission fluid $175
120K miles timing belt and water pump $500
These are some of the things I am looking forward to NOT doing on the ID.4. Looking at the prices I am guessing you do your own work. I am also looking forward to not doing exhaust work, worrying about injection pump and/or DEF failures, dealing with emission parts/issues or anything else related to ICE issues/repair/maintenance.

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are some of the things I am looking forward to NOT doing on the ID.4. Looking at the prices I am guessing you do your own work. I am also looking forward to not doing exhaust work, worrying about injection pump and/or DEF failures, dealing with emission parts/issues or anything else related to ICE issues/repair/maintenance.
You are correct. I do my own work. About the exhaust and DEF, I already took care of that. Let's just say my car is for off-road only. That set me back about $3000. But you are correct. I'm also just looking forward to NOT having to do the regular maintenance other than breaks, tires, windshield washer fluid, break fluid and other minor things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts