Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. I reserved an ID.4 Pro AWD. I'm in Worcester, MA. This will be my first EV but my wife has had two Audi PHEV's, so I already have an 14-50 outlet for EVSE. I will probably buy a dedicated EVSE eventually. The Audi's come with a L2 charger. I'm kind of disappointed that VW only includes an L1 charger. I'm also on my 4th VW (2 Jettas, a Touareg and currently in a Tiguan). I've had more VW's than any other brand.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Welcome stealthg! With an early snowfall Friday I found myself rethinking the AWD vs. RWD.

A few years ago I considered the A3 avant based e-tron (hybrid). I'm sure your wife enjoys her's. Will she move on to the upcoming Q4-based e-tron pure electric?

You should be right at home migrating from a Tiguan to the ID.4

Welcome to the forum @stealthg! It is a bit annoying that they don't have a L2 charger but that's not a dealbreaker or anything for me. As they get more ID vehicles on the road I'm sure that's something they'll address later.

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Huey! She liked the A3 e-tron hybrid, but felt that it was a little too small. She now has the Q5 TSFIe hybrid and loves it. She may be in the market for the Q4, depending on the price point.

I loved my Touareg TDI, but I've gotten used to my Tiguan. I have a lot of hope for the ID.4!

Reactions: Huey52

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
I would think the upcoming Q4-EV would be less expensive than the Q5-based simply given somewhat smaller size. Yes, the [former] A3-avant based e-tron is more like a Golf Sportwagen than a CUV/SUV and of course again a hybrid.

I think we all have a lot of hope for the ID.4, as does VW. ;)

Thanks Huey! She liked the A3 e-tron hybrid, but felt that it was a little too small. She now has the Q5 TSFIe hybrid and loves it. She may be in the market for the Q4, depending on the price point.

I loved my Touareg TDI, but I've gotten used to my Tiguan. I have a lot of hope for the ID.4!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts