Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

2021 ID.4 PRO S AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. I reserved an ID.4 Pro AWD. I'm in Worcester, MA. This will be my first EV but my wife has had two Audi PHEV's, so I already have an 14-50 outlet for EVSE. I will probably buy a dedicated EVSE eventually. The Audi's come with a L2 charger. I'm kind of disappointed that VW only includes an L1 charger. I'm also on my 4th VW (2 Jettas, a Touareg and currently in a Tiguan). I've had more VW's than any other brand.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Welcome stealthg! With an early snowfall Friday I found myself rethinking the AWD vs. RWD.

A few years ago I considered the A3 avant based e-tron (hybrid). I'm sure your wife enjoys her's. Will she move on to the upcoming Q4-based e-tron pure electric?

You should be right at home migrating from a Tiguan to the ID.4

Welcome to the forum @stealthg! It is a bit annoying that they don't have a L2 charger but that's not a dealbreaker or anything for me. As they get more ID vehicles on the road I'm sure that's something they'll address later.

2021 ID.4 PRO S AWD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Huey! She liked the A3 e-tron hybrid, but felt that it was a little too small. She now has the Q5 TSFIe hybrid and loves it. She may be in the market for the Q4, depending on the price point.

I loved my Touareg TDI, but I've gotten used to my Tiguan. I have a lot of hope for the ID.4!

Reactions: Huey52

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
I would think the upcoming Q4-EV would be less expensive than the Q5-based simply given somewhat smaller size. Yes, the [former] A3-avant based e-tron is more like a Golf Sportwagen than a CUV/SUV and of course again a hybrid.

I think we all have a lot of hope for the ID.4, as does VW. ;)

Thanks Huey! She liked the A3 e-tron hybrid, but felt that it was a little too small. She now has the Q5 TSFIe hybrid and loves it. She may be in the market for the Q4, depending on the price point.

I loved my Touareg TDI, but I've gotten used to my Tiguan. I have a lot of hope for the ID.4!

2021 ID.4 PRO S AWD
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just picked up the AWD Pro S from Colonial VW in Westborough. Which dealer are you using?
I'm glad to see another ID.4 in the neighborhood!I used Colonial as well. I'm a repeat customer of theirs. I took delivery on October 2nd, AWD Pro S Black.

I'm glad to see another ID.4 in the neighborhood!I used Colonial as well. I'm a repeat customer of theirs. I took delivery on October 2nd, AWD Pro S Black.
Small world. Cal was a pleasure to work with at Colonial. Have you had any issues with the Electrify America chargers in the area?

2021 ID.4 PRO S AWD
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The station at Walmart on Rt 9 in Northborough is slow (35kW) but a tech was working on the units when I visited on Wednesday. I had a perfect experience at the Auburn Mall location. 8 chargers on the former Sears part of the parking lot (opposite side of the mall from the Superchargers). It鈥檚 good to keep an copy off the insideev.com charging card, so that you know roughly what rate of charge to expect.

Reactions: Soby

The station at Walmart on Rt 9 in Northborough is slow (35kW) but a tech was working on the units when I visited on Wednesday. I had a perfect experience at the Auburn Mall location. 8 chargers on the former Sears part of the parking lot (opposite side of the mall from the Superchargers). It鈥檚 good to keep an copy off the insideev.com charging card, so that you know roughly what rate of charge to expect.
The newer station at Apex Entertainment is 5 minutes from my house. I'm hoping that it performs well. I think I've only ever seen one car there in all the times I've driven by. I'm not planning to use the ID.4 for any road trips and certainly not outside of MA. We have an ICE XC90 for that...

Definite small world. I am the "ghost of ID.4 to come" as I'm working with Cal on my AWD Pro S due in Dec/Jan.
I'll just say this: I was preparing myself for a hefty MSRP adjustment but either VW doesn't allow it or dealers are playing nice because I was pleasantly surprised to be quoted MSRP. I was concerned about what would happen if they bumped the cost above $50K because that's the MA rebate limit but it was ultimately $690 under the threshold. I submitted my rebate application immediately after picking up the car. (y)

I still have my IONIQ5 reservation active because I want to see what the Hyundai dealers do when those cars start becoming available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.