Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd start a thread for some of the more interesting voice commands.

On a whim I just tried "Hello ID, I need coffee" and was then clearly presented with a list of nearby "cafe's" in order of distance from me. Nice!

After picking up another good sized load of garden soil I then also said: "Hello ID, I'm hot" and it replied with "I'll start the cooling" and did so. I would have preferred "yes, you are" but this was pretty good. :ROFLMAO:

ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
On a whim I just tried "Hello ID, I need coffee" and was then nicely presented with a list of nearby "cafe's" in order of distance from me. Nice!
I wish I could do that when my wife asks the same thing.

I've found that if I turn off: System settings > Voice operation settings > Activation word > Active > off and then use the "Talk" button on the top left of the right steering wheel spoke that the infotainment system seems to respond faster than saying "Hello ID".
"Try it, Mikey likes it" 馃榿. Or not.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, using the steering wheel "voice" button is more efficient. (y)

I now do that most of the time, unless as a "Hello ID" novelty for passengers. 馃槅
It was my prior vehicle habit pattern to use the same button anyway.

And, I therefore just un-stickied my own thread. ;)
I've found that if I turn off: System settings > Voice operation settings > Activation word > Active > off and then use the "Talk" button on the top left of the right steering wheel spoke that the infotainment system seems to respond faster than saying "Hello ID".
"Try it, Mikey likes it" 馃榿. Or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts