Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Glacier White/Lunar Grey 1st Edition with 19" Wheels
166 Posts
I've never been a fan of gestures, double taps, etc. as shortcuts. Why the secret menu for using something? Is this an In-N-Out? I know its probably in the manual, but I still think its silly that I need to memorize a list of movements and tap sequences to quickly perform a basic function.

Nonetheless, it is nice that you can access the seat heaters quickly. I wonder if there is an analogous secret motion to turn the wheel heater on?

·
381 Posts
There's all kinds of useful shortcuts up there!
You may want to refer to:

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
107 Posts
Why the secret menu for using something?
Not exactly a secret, stated directly in the manual:
"OR: to switch the seat heating on or off, touch the touch sliders under the Info-tainment system on the driver or front passenger side with two fingers."

Reactions: Huey52

·
Glacier White/Lunar Grey 1st Edition with 19" Wheels
166 Posts
Not exactly a secret, stated directly in the manual:
"OR: to switch the seat heating on or off, touch the touch sliders under the Info-tainment system on the driver or front passenger side with two fingers."
The very next sentence: "I know its probably in the manual, but I still think its silly that I need to memorize a list of movements and tap sequences to quickly perform a basic function".

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,584 Posts
Although I'm using a Mac Magic Trackpad 2 as I type this, and am fairly adept at most of its variables, I too am not enamored with two finger tapping on the slider as it hasn't worked reliably for me. So I too now most often go with voice control, which is quite good.
Just use voice control

·
66 Posts
You can also customize the widgets on the home screen. Try the different sized climate widgets - one of them has the two seat-heater buttons as the first page on the widget.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
935 Posts
But then I'd have to turn the music down. ONE MUST NEVER DO THAT.
My wife and I could be having a conversation, and I have had the car suddenly start talking to me, and telling my that it doesn't understand whatever random thing it thought was a request of some sort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts