Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Holy Bugs - started randomly around 2,500 miles...

5K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  KB57 
#1 ·
For the most part, the car has been to good to us bug wise, well until two days ago.

Randomly while driving, 2-3 warnings showed up on the speedometer gauge stating multiple failures. Speedometer went blank with warnings remaining (see screenshot).

OK - went home plugged it in and that was fixed. Now: Bluetooth won't connect, volume sliders do not work, Apple Carplay is failing and we get random weird warnings such as "brake booster failure".

I've pushed the power button on the infotainment to reset that. Doesn't work. Let it sit to charge over night, doesn't work. Ever since that initial bug failure, seems like a whole new can of bugs was introduced and it's non-stop.

Is there a way to fully, 100% restart the car?

See less See more
#6 ·
I just can't shake the feeling that some of these weird issues could be related to problems with the 12V system. It seems that it has happened more than once that someone has picked up a new EV and had weird glitches for a few days that just magically disappeared. I am thinking that it's because the 12V battery needed "topping up" if the car's been sitting around for a while. Maybe there's some problem that causes the 12V battery to not have proper charge in the ID4? At least on some vehicles.

#8 ·
I am thinking that it's because the 12V battery needed "topping up" if the car's been sitting around for a while.
The 12v battery is always automatically topped up from the huge main battery if it ever gets low while sitting. (starting with the latest version which all US models have, and most international have also updated.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.