Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Reserved a 2021 ID.4 RWD Pro S Gradient Kings Red
28 Posts
I would SO buy that vehicle in that color. Instead, I had to settle (and pay EXTRA) for Kings red for some pizzazz. I'm really, REALLY disappointed that it's not available in the US. I was a safety manager at the VW assembly plant in Chattanooga, specifically in the paint shop, and I know they can change body colors with no effort whatsoever so we should have access to the same colors available in Europe. Whoever made this decision is a rube.

·
723 Posts
I would SO buy that vehicle in that color. Instead, I had to settle (and pay EXTRA) for Kings red for some pizzazz. I'm really, REALLY disappointed that it's not available in the US. I was a safety manager at the VW assembly plant in Chattanooga, specifically in the paint shop, and I know they can change body colors with no effort whatsoever so we should have access to the same colors available in Europe. Whoever made this decision is a rube.
They’ve discontinued the colour in Europe now too :(

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,289 Posts
I wonder why? It's basically the same honey yellow that is the USA "halo" color for the BMW X2 CUV.

It seemed to me that the ID.4 in Honey Yellow was specifically targeted at French buyers, given their marketing websites. Perhaps lackluster sales of same?

And as Big Chief well cites, it's easy for the painting robots to change colors. They do so almost every vehicle that comes down the line. And those robots don't even bother to paint inside the interior hood structure, so the least they could do is change more colors. 😛
They’ve discontinued the colour in Europe now too :(

·
723 Posts
I wonder why? It's basically the same honey yellow that is the USA "halo" color for the BMW X2 CUV.

It seemed to me that the ID.4 in Honey Yellow was specifically targeted at French buyers, given their marketing websites. Perhaps lackluster sales of same?

And as Big Chief well cites, it's easy for the painting robots to change colors. They do so almost every vehicle that comes down the line. And those robots don't even bother to paint inside the interior hood structure, so the least they could do is change more colors. 😛
Beats me, no space in the carousel, and had to swap it with the GTX red? 🤔

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,289 Posts
It's VW of America who makes such marketing decisions based on what they project will best sell. Better off sending them a [well composed] letter.

[email protected] is another communication avenue.

There have been successful letter writing campaigns for getting some more Audi RS models in my experience. Similarly Audi North America and not Germany.
please write letters to Herbert Diess CEO Volkswagen [email protected] demanding honey yellow and all the gray colors they offer to other countries except America

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S Dusk Blue
116 Posts
I doubt that I could convince the wife to go along with it, but the Honey Yellow is definitely my favorite color. Too bad that they never really gave it the opportunity to succeed.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,289 Posts
Honey Yellow was the 'halo color' in France (akin to Dusk Blue in the USA).
I doubt that I could convince the wife to go along with it, but the Honey Yellow is definitely my favorite color. Too bad that they never really gave it the opportunity to succeed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts