Volkswagen ID Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
11 Posts
Thanks a lot for your work! The basic sound is terrible and I was playing with the equalizer with no real succes, ending with a "V" shape adjustement. I will definitely try your configuration
After a few weeks, my ID4 sounds ok, not great but not as bad as I complained. Thanks to this thread, I played with the equalizer which gave great results but playing with the focus zone was also important (I target the driver seat now), and on top of that the speakers are no more brand new. So I can live with it now.

·
52 Posts
I’m getting the first edition in China. Well there is no audio option on the 1st and as far as I know it’s a 7 speaker system. The Pro here have a 10 speakers H/K option, and it comes as standard in prime edition. I am wondering if it’s possible to upgrade to the H/K set by the dealer. The problem is if there are any difference in the infotainment system software, my merc did have an extra menu to control the burmester set.
Macau Guy? hi! we sells harman kardon in China. all brand new original H/K option parts. Always out of stock for now. It is not hard to upgrade to H/K good qualites for chinese.but overseas they seems not interested in upgrading the original factory.

·
38 Posts
I think the sound is pretty good, I enjoy it after getting used to it, I do crank the bass to the max; still not dedicated subwoofer goodness, but tight enough. On test drives to me it did not sound good initially, it was kinda "hollow" or "far away" for lack of better term. But I noticed later that it maybe because of the sound dampening, or quietness of the car. Its not just the audio system, but passenger conversations in the car also sound different / weird, like somehow muffled or toned down. But once my ears got used to it, the audio system is actually pretty nicely detailed audio with pretty good bass, midrange and treble, with very little or no distortion when playing louder.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient (currently waiting for arrival at dealer)
77 Posts
It sounds fine to me, but I'm probably not a good judge. I do have two new of the latest hearing aids available. The good news is the radio doesn't need a thing for me.:)

61 - 68 of 68 Posts