Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been at step 4 for about a month now. How long has it taken you to get from step 4 to 5. looking at the shipping it looks like it takes between 8 and 15 days to cross the ocean. If you have moved to step 5 let’s us know.

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have been at step 4 for about a month now. How long has it taken you to get from step 4 to 5. looking at the shipping it looks like it takes between 8 and 15 days to cross the ocean. If you have moved to step 5 let’s us know.
VW assures me the car has been loaded On a vessel and has been shipped. They couldn’t tell which vessel.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
610 Posts
If you can figure out what ship the car is on, then the logistics thread (stickied in forum) is the best place to get info.

Even without knowing for sure what ship, you might be able to make a guess based upon when your car changed to step 4, and the departure dates of various ships.

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I roughly looked and the three ships that I thought it could be on have been and left. There are two more coming into US ports the next few days, hopefully it will be on one of those. Just was wondering how long it took people to go from step 4 to 5. Thanks for you comments

·
13 Posts
I roughly looked and the three ships that I thought it could be on have been and left. There are two more coming into US ports the next few days, hopefully it will be on one of those. Just was wondering how long it took people to go from step 4 to 5. Thanks for you comments
My car switched to step 4 on 3/8, and my dealer it told me it didn’t get on a ship til 3/22 expected in Houston 4/14, so some delays before leaving Germany it sounds like. Should be on the Cicero I think, which looks like it’s maybe ahead of schedule...?

·
38 Posts
My reservation went to step 4 on 3/3 and moved to step 5 this morning 3/31 - so 4 weeks.

Reactions: JingoRM and egsell

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone that went to stage 4 around the 10th to 12th of March moved to stage 5 yet?

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue Somewhere on the Gulf?
383 Posts
Has anyone that went to stage 4 around the 10th to 12th of March moved to stage 5 yet?
I have not and I received my notice on the 11th. I'd say wait a couple days and check again.

·
2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
302 Posts
Have not and never received email or notice, just progression on the Wheel

·
43 Posts
Here are approximate dates for the steps for my order. The emails sometimes arrived a couple days after the status changed on the reservation page, so may be off a bit.

Moved to step 4 2/24, step 5, 3/20, step 6, 3/25, step 7, 3/30.

I'm picking up my FE on Friday!

·
56 Posts
Have not but not totally sure when exactly I went to step 4 I never received an actual email just rendomly checked the portal and noticed it had moved

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
96 Posts
I moved to Step 4 on the Wheel on March 10; got my email from VW on March 12. Still there. Yesterday when I went to check the Wheel I got a message saying there was a problem with my order and that I needed to call VW. When I did, they said there was nothing wrong with my order and that "it won't be too much longer now."

VW, if you're listening: I understand that the time that it takes is the time that it takes. But your communication leaves a lot to be desired. I ordered my car the same day everyone else did. Why does my car take a month longer to be built, shipped, and delivered?

·
96 Posts
Minor update: I went to a dealer ID.4 event this evening, and they were able to confirm that my car was aboard a ship -not just sitting on the dock. Next stop, Houston! No info on the name of the ship or its expected arrival date...

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Minor update: I went to a dealer ID.4 event this evening, and they were able to confirm that my car was aboard a ship -not just sitting on the dock. Next stop, Houston! No info on the name of the ship or its expected arrival date...
Let me know if you find out the name of the ship or when you can expect it. Your dates are the same as mine so I would think they would be on the same ship.

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My OCD is killing me. 😂😂, just want to know where my car is. My portal changed to step 4 on March 10th and my email came through on the 12th. Thought it might be on the last ship that docked at Houston, but wasn’t to be. There are two more ships that just it the east coast and are making their way down to Florida and Houston. I would guess it will take at least a week to get there with the stops. Maybe my portal will change next week 🤞😂😂😎😎

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue Somewhere on the Gulf?
383 Posts
My OCD is killing me. 😂😂, just want to know where my car is. My portal changed to step 4 on March 10th and my email came through on the 12th. Thought it might be on the last ship that docked at Houston, but wasn’t to be. There are two more ships that just it the east coast and are making their way down to Florida and Houston. I would guess it will take at least a week to get there with the stops. Maybe my portal will change next week 🤞😂😂😎😎
Where are you located? It will impact which stop is yours. I am assuming you are in a Western State. Those ships are scheduled to arrive in Houston currently on the 13th and 16th, so it might take a few more days, perhaps until the 20th, even.

Reactions: fshepinc
1 - 20 of 45 Posts