Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked my FE up 2 weeks ago today and just cracked 1000 miles this morning. 95% of charging done at EA.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
That’s a lot of driving

Reactions: Spin

·
ID.4 FE GW
501 Posts
I purchased my ID.4 two weeks ago today, and my wife and I have put about 120 miles on it. I did most of that on a trip last weekend.

I plan to drive it less in the future until its many bugs are addressed. The interrupted L2 charging problem is particularly problematic for me - it is tedious to constantly monitor the car and restart charging when it fails.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
935 Posts
I picked my FE up 2 weeks ago today and just cracked 1000 miles this morning. 95% of charging done at EA.
I have done around 1000 miles myself - mostly charging at home, but I have alsi picked up some free charging at the office and some free charging at EA.

·
Blue ID.4 FE, Jan., OR
59 Posts
Picked up my ID.4 2-1/2 weeks ago, 915 miles and 259 KW of FREE EA electricity. :) So far, so good!

Reactions: Spin

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
295 Posts
3.5 weeks with my ID.4 and I have put on 580 miles averaging 3.0 mi/kWh with 117kWh of free EA juice, the rest level 1 charged at home and at work.

·
215 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
295 Posts
how many miles per hour do you get with L1. Also do you know if the included cable be used with 240v.
I get an indicated 2-3 miles per hour on level 1 (12 gauge extension cord lowers the power by a bit). The included EVSE only handles 120V unlike my old car, a 2018 A3 e-tron that came with a charger that could accept either 120V or 240V by swapping the cords up to 3.6kW.

·
55 Posts
I've driven 800+ miles. Have used EA chargers but mostly my L2 charger at home. If I'm down around 40% my L2 charger takes about 3+ hours to get to 80%.. I just plug in at night and schedule a charge in the app to start and stop at a designated time.

·
45 Posts
Got delivery 2 weeks ago and have racked up 470 miles at about 3.2 miles/kwh. Mostly just commuting to work, but looking forward to trying a trip this week! I've had the pleasure of charging almost entirely at work, though I tested one quick 20 kwh charge-up at EA.

·
563 Posts
Got delivery 2 weeks ago and have racked up 470 miles at about 3.2 miles/kwh. Mostly just commuting to work, but looking forward to trying a trip this week! I've had the pleasure of charging almost entirely at work, though I tested one quick 20 kwh charge-up at EA.
Picked up 3/18. 945mi. 3.9 mi/kWh for the last 70mi (last charge) Long term 3.2 mi/kWh.

·
ID.4 FE GW
501 Posts
657 miles in 54 days of ownership, including 7 days spent at the dealer's service department. That's driving an average of 14 mi / day when in my possession. My wife is the primary driver, and that is about the round-trip distance of her commute to work.

·
55 Posts
In 6 weeks of ownership I've put 2,906 miles. Several small trips and one trip that was 600 miles. Lots of driving, driving, driving.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts