Volkswagen ID Forum banner
81 - 100 of 143 Posts

Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
To all high ranking owners with a lot of miles covered so far.
How many of you had issues with cooling for electronics or battery management system cooling?
I misjudged and will probably have over 12K by the end of this week. Holy cow.

To answer your question about cooling issues....none. I have had 3 or 4 of the "electrical system issue see service" yellow warnings that seem to have been associated with DCFC when the ambient is high, but they have always cleared themselves. A scan indicated it is a charger fault that seems to be in every scan I have seen. And a couple of red "electrical system failure" errors at startup that always cleared after a quick on/off cycle, but they seemed to happen when I hit the brake to power-up and the gear selector at about the same time.

Mid-February build

it has never failed to start and never left me stranded, and I have enjoyed every one of the miles.....well the lesson in extreme elevation change effects on predicted range yesterday was maybe a little nerve wracking 馃ぃ

I misjudged and will probably have over 12K by the end of this week. Holy cow.

To answer your question about cooling issues....none. I have had 3 or 4 of the "electrical system issue see service" yellow warnings that seem to have been associated with DCFC when the ambient is high, but they have always cleared themselves. A scan indicated it is a charger fault that seems to be in every scan I have seen. And a couple of red "electrical system failure" errors at startup that always cleared after a quick on/off cycle, but they seemed to happen when I hit the brake to power-up and the gear selector at about the same time.

Mid-February build

it has never failed to start and never left me stranded, and I have enjoyed every one of the miles.....well the lesson in extreme elevation change effects on predicted range yesterday was maybe a little nerve wracking 馃ぃ
Thank you for your positive feedback.
I get asked most of the times when getting all over the US VW Dealerships to fix some of the ID.4.
Do i feel safe traveling all over the US without getting stranded ( only time i did was getting out of the juice but VW warranty covers this tow free of charge to the nearest charger)....and besides some infotainment gremlins my ID4 never left me on the emergency line.
As a first EV from VW it is good as it gets....long drives 1000 miles between resting is no issue or fatigue that i have experienced in other EV's i had for observations and long term testing.

Picked mine up on 10/7 with 19 miles and cracked 500 this morning. I live in CA and my electricity prices are HIGH. When I charge overnight it's 23 cents/kwh but I live by the county gov't building where they have 6.5kwh chargers that cost 1 dollar an hour so I often plug in there while I go for a jog and get the juice cheaper. So far it's cost me 5.8 cents per mile to drive and with 4.69 a gallon gas here my old car cost 29 cents per mile. So I've saved $115 in fuel cost so far.

1 week - 696 miles
I estimate driving around 35.000-40.000 miles/year (130 miles commute). All of it in Los Angeles metropolitan area-heavy traffic most of the time.
Travel assist works fine, plenty of power on my ProS RWD. Love the car so far.
Long live Electrify America.
Thats some excellent driving to get 3.9mi/KWh. My wife's commute is about the same (~140 miles per day) and she is mostly freeway doing 75-85 mph. She is averaging around 2.7 mi/KWh after 1200 miles.

Thats some excellent driving to get 3.9mi/KWh. My wife's commute is about the same (~140 miles per day) and she is mostly freeway doing 75-85 mph. She is averaging around 2.7 mi/KWh after 1200 miles.
Have in mind I鈥檓 not using AC too much. Plus , my average speed for those miles is around 30mph.
For example, today I got 4.8mi/kWh- but traffic was heavy.

Attachments

VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
11,552 miles; almost 8 months, no real issue. Haven't taken it in for the 10K service yet though... since there's no inspection warning message

81 - 100 of 143 Posts