Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
674 Posts
Did the site recognize you already had a reservation once you filled in your info?
Yes, it does if you have a locked order. If not, it will let you change it to a 2023.

If you have a locked order, you can use a second email address to create a 2023 reservation

Dave

Reactions: billh96007

·
237 Posts
I have an existing July-locked reservation for a white 2022 AWD Pro S. But I like the Arctic Blue Metallic and I'd rather take delivery in 2023 to take advantage of the proposed refundable tax credit, so I reserved a 2023 RWD Pro S today. RWD to keep it within my budget. I'll cancel one or the other in the next month or two, as I get more certainty about the legislation and the status of my 2022 order.

I used the same email address for both reservations. No problem. I paid with a different credit card for the 2023, just to keep them separate in my head.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,044 Posts
Just discovered that the Standard range does not have quick charge! Even my 2013 leaf had 50kw! 5k extra for quick charge and range that I do not need.....
Got a link to where you heard that? Likely it will have DCFC, but not at the new 170kw rate of the bigger battery. The existing ID.4 Pure model in the EU with a 55kwh battery size does 50kw, and optional 110kw. Its also slower at home charging at 7.2kw versus our existing 11kw. From:

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
317 Posts
I was considering doing the same.

Is your current model RWD? What are you looking to replace it with?

Thank you.

Scott
Yes, a RWD Pro S gradient. Looking to replace with a RWD Pro S Plus. For a $100 refundable deposit, it's worth it to me to get in line early for a 2023 and see what it costs to swap. I can always keep my 2021. I'm also in line at my favorite dealer for an early Macan EV, but I'd actually prefer an ID.4 that checks all my boxes (360 degree camera and battery preconditioning being at the top of my list). I don't need a car that goes 0-60 in less than 7 seconds. And I'm afraid I'm addicted to that RWD turning radius (which might even be smaller in the 2023!).

·
54 Posts
I upgraded reservation to a 2023 and screen said I kept my place in the line. My reservation was not locked yet.
I'm locked with a commission number - build week number 35 (early September.) I'll keep this, but I ordered a 2023 Pro with the larger battery. The tax status being up in the air is something that hopefully gets resolved soon.

·
15 Posts
Just discovered that the Standard range does not have quick charge! Even my 2013 leaf had 50kw! 5k extra for quick charge and range that I do not need.....
Yeah I noticed that, hopefully it's just misinformation and the charging is the same speed on all the 2023. I also noticed they mention manual seats, I can't believe at $37,495 they would cheap out on the seats like that.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
317 Posts
Yeah I noticed that, hopefully it's just misinformation and the charging is the same speed on all the 2023. I also noticed they mention manual seats, I can't believe at $37,495 they would cheap out on the seats like that.
The Standard will offer DC fast charging, but with the smaller battery, it's unlikely it will be at the 170 kW max of the larger battery models. Of course, with the smaller battery, it might charge 5-80% just as quickly!

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
448 Posts
I had two reservations both for the same car (but different colors): 2022 AWD Pro S. The first was reserved on 11/14 and locked on 4/11. It is still at 03. The second was reserved on 6/28 and not locked. When I went to my owner's portal for the second reservation, I was politely told to upgrade to a 2023--I didn't have a choice to stay with the reservation I had (I should have taken a screenshot of the screen but oh well...).

After doing lots of quick reading and research, I opted for the smaller battery ID.4 S at $42,495 (which is $7K less than the car I originally reserved). In some ways it will feel like a clone of my current Leaf--silver with a black interior and same size battery. But this one had options I like (leather seats, power seats with memory, rain sensing wipers. heated seats and steering wheel, power tailgate). My husband loves the Leaf so maybe I'll get the ID.4 which was supposed to be the original plan! Plus, he doesn't like driving brand new cars so that solves that problem! I am giving up the AWD which I thought was important but we'll see. I have gotten to the point in my life and career that if the weather is bad, I can usually stay home so maybe RWD will be fine.

I still have my original reservation, too so I'll just be patient and see what happens!

·
48 Posts
I had two reservations both for the same car (but different colors): 2022 AWD Pro S. The first was reserved on 11/14 and locked on 4/11. It is still at 03. The second was reserved on 6/28 and not locked. When I went to my owner's portal for the second reservation, I was politely told to upgrade to a 2023--I didn't have a choice to stay with the reservation I had (I should have taken a screenshot of the screen but oh well...).

After doing lots of quick reading and research, I opted for the smaller battery ID.4 S at $42,495 (which is $7K less than the car I originally reserved). In some ways it will feel like a clone of my current Leaf--silver with a black interior and same size battery. But this one had options I like (leather seats, power seats with memory, rain sensing wipers. heated seats and steering wheel, power tailgate). My husband loves the Leaf so maybe I'll get the ID.4 which was supposed to be the original plan! Plus, he doesn't like driving brand new cars so that solves that problem! I am giving up the AWD which I thought was important but we'll see. I have gotten to the point in my life and career that if the weather is bad, I can usually stay home so maybe RWD will be fine.

I still have my original reservation, too so I'll just be patient and see what happens!
Huh, when I looked at the Standard, it was all the lower priced equipment, manual seats, no heated steering wheel, etc, priced ~$38K. Where did you see the upgrades?

Also struggling a bit with whether I can get by with RWD in Maine. I'm retired, so most likely, but there's still some doubt, although the road crews do an excellent job of clearing down to pavement most of the time.

·
812 Posts
50kW is slow by today's standards. You must be misunderstanding something about the "quick charge". The Standard range definitely can charge from a DC charger, and I'm sure it's above 100 kW.

·
812 Posts
VW is known for manual seats. That's the German way for non-luxury vehicle.

·
812 Posts
Don't be so sure yet, some of the Pure model in UK with the smaller 55kwh battery only charge at 50kw.
Pure's maxiumum charging speed is 118 kW. If there is a mention of a lack of "quick charge" option on the Standard range ID.4, it may refer to the ability to get a quick charge on several dozen miles worth of charge at a low SOC. People have already seen the 2022 ID.4 being able to ramp up to over 170 kW for the first few minutes when the SOC is low. So, this may be what VW calls "quick charge" just to get a few dozen miles worth quickly to get you home if you have miscalculated the arrival-at-home SOC and have to stop late at night at a DC charger before getting to your home destination. So, perhaps the Standard range ID.4 may be missing this feature.

Product Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,044 Posts
Yes thats the top level pure performance. Look at the basic pure model, when those came out they were 50kw. So its unknown until VW answers what it is. Edit: and what matters is how quick it tapers down, not the peak rate. So we need to wait and see the charge curve, but it would help if they say the 10-80% time like they have on the current models.

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
448 Posts
Huh, when I looked at the Standard, it was all the lower priced equipment, manual seats, no heated steering wheel, etc, priced ~$38K. Where did you see the upgrades?

Also struggling a bit with whether I can get by with RWD in Maine. I'm retired, so most likely, but there's still some doubt, although the road crews do an excellent job of clearing down to pavement most of the time.
There is the ID.4, which has the 62 kWh battery and, like you said, cloth seats, manual seats, etc.
Then there is the ID.4 S, which has the 62 kWh battery but upgraded features (leatherette seats, power seats with memory, heating steering wheel, etc). This one starts at $42,495. <-- this is what I reserved.

If there is "Pro" in the name, it means it has the 82 kWh battery. There is the ID.4 Pro (RWD). Pretty basic in terms of features (cloth seats, etc) but same price as the ID.4 S: $42,495. Moving up there is the Pro S and then the Pro S Plus (AWD).

Like you, I thought I had to have AWD because I am in Maine, but I have read enough posts on this forum that say the RWD works just fine in winter that I am going to take a chance on that. I am also going with the smaller battery because I think for the way we drive 99% of the time it will be fine. My husband was balking at the $50K price for the AWD Pro S I had reserved so maybe this lower price will be more palatable.

I have a feeling there will still be lots of time to think about all this...

41 - 60 of 113 Posts