Volkswagen ID Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
76 Posts
Plus 1 here. 22 Pro S RWD w/Gradient Moonstone / Lunar Gray locked 06/10/22, currently 03 with estimated delivery in Sept (dreaming). Order for 23 Pro S RWD Arctic Blue / Cosmic interior projected delivery 4Q/2022 (TBD). Wife really likes the new color and changes to blue/white interior. 2022 is so yesterday.:confused:

·
674 Posts
Plus 1 here. 22 Pro S RWD w/Gradient Moonstone / Lunar Gray locked 06/10/22, currently 03 with estimated delivery in Sept (dreaming). Order for 23 Pro S RWD Arctic Blue / Cosmic interior projected delivery 4Q/2022 (TBD). Wife really likes the new color and changes to blue/white interior. 2022 is so yesterday.:confused:
Similar situation here. My wife does like the Artic Blue / Cosmic Blue. I'm trying to convince her that one option is to buy the 2022 and sell it after a year once the 2023/2024 ID.4 Tax Credit situation is known.

Dave

·
51 Posts
Similar situation here. My wife does like the Artic Blue / Cosmic Blue. I'm trying to convince her that one option is to buy the 2022 and sell it after a year once the 2023/2024 ID.4 Tax Credit situation is known.

Dave
EV Credit situation, I think US made ID4 will be ok. I have MY 22 on lock and also have MY23 AWD Pro S Plus with Blue/white interior, but we are going with navy blue.. We like the Artic Blue too but don't feel like paying extra for the color.. surprised White is now extra too!

·
51 Posts
EV Credit situation, I think US made ID4 will be ok. I have MY 22 on lock and also have MY23 AWD Pro S Plus with Blue/white interior, but we are going with navy blue.. We like the Artic Blue too but don't feel like paying extra for the color.. surprised White is now extra too!
I hope so EV credit will be applied in FULL 7.5K..

·
674 Posts
How will any of the EV makers qualify for the half of the 2023 credit tied to battery minerals sourcing? I can't see that happening. So maybe a half credit situation.

Dave

Reactions: billh96007

·
51 Posts
How will any of the EV makers qualify for the half of the 2023 credit tied to battery minerals sourcing? I can't see that happening. So maybe a half credit situation.

Dave
So that means lobbying will work to have that changed, not to make it worst than what it was before, atleast 7.5k! Also they are saying in Fall dealers going to get TN built cars, I highly doubt. But fingers crossed

·
674 Posts
So that means lobbying will work to have that changed, not to make it worst than what it was before, atleast 7.5k! Also they are saying in Fall dealers going to get TN built cars, I highly doubt. But fingers crossed
Too late for lobbying. This bill is going to be signed within a few days. Hopefully they will change it to allow a longer transition to the new battery rules, but Manchin seems pretty hard over on having the mineral sourcing requirements in there.

There are several articles with people concerned that most EV makers will not be able to meet the requirements for Tax Credits in the early years of the law. A whole new battery supply and mineral sourcing infrastructure needs to be built.

Dave

·
51 Posts
Too late for lobbying. This bill is going to be signed within a few days. Hopefully they will change it to allow a longer transition to the new battery rules, but Manchin seems pretty hard over on having the mineral sourcing requirements in there.

There are several articles with people concerned that most EV makers will not be able to meet the requirements for Tax Credits in the early years of the law. A whole new battery supply and mineral sourcing infrastructure needs to be built.

Dave
True. That's what I read about it. It's tough situation. We have 22 AWD Pro S locked, and reserved 23 AWD Pro S Plus. Really like MY23 but rebate is the big factor for making this purchase. If no EV credit, we would hate to walk away from it but I guess we will have to..
What a stinky situation for people with locked order for MY22. It would have been ideal if VW moved those to MY23.

·
51 Posts
True. That's what I read about it. It's tough situation. We have 22 AWD Pro S locked, and reserved 23 AWD Pro S Plus. Really like MY23 but rebate is the big factor for making this purchase. If no EV credit, we would hate to walk away from it but I guess we will have to..

·
674 Posts
What a stinky situation for people with locked order for MY22. It would have been ideal if VW moved those to MY23.
Yes, but I think the locked 2022s will get a full tax credit. My concern is is the 2023 may get only half.

Dave

·
812 Posts
Yes, but I think the locked 2022s will get a full tax credit. My concern is is the 2023 may get only half.

Dave
[/QUOTE]
What are you basing it on? If the bill passes in the next couple of weeks and gets signed, no ID.4 made in Germany after the date the bill is signed will qualify for the $7,500 credit. The only way for VW to perhaps salvage the situation is have the dealerships write a contract with each buyer and take the entire MSRP as the payment before Biden signs the bill.

The 2023 model year manufactured in Chattanooga will qualify for the entire $7,500, as the car is assembled in the US and the battery is made in the US. The raw material composition of the battery issue will most likely be postponed until there is a better mechanism for the government to track that down.

My advice to everyone who is locked or not even yet locked on the 2022 model year is if the federal tax credit is important to you, go ahead and reserve a 2023 model year just to have a plan B.

·
1,469 Posts
What are you basing it on? If the bill passes in the next couple of weeks and gets signed, no ID.4 made in Germany after the date the bill is signed will qualify for the $7,500 credit. The only way for VW to perhaps salvage the situation is have the dealerships write a contract with each buyer and take the entire MSRP as the payment before Biden signs the bill.

The 2023 model year manufactured in Chattanooga will qualify for the entire $7,500, as the car is assembled in the US and the battery is made in the US. The raw material composition of the battery issue will most likely be postponed until there is a better mechanism for the government to track that down.

My advice to everyone who is locked or not even yet locked on the 2022 model year is if the federal tax credit is important to you, go ahead and reserve a 2023 model year just to have a plan B.
Not sure why you quoted that from me in your post? I was just confirming that the plant is a FTZ as someone asked. I have no knowledge of what the bill may say if/when passed. And as such, I have no comment on it either way for the most part. At least before it is passed. After it is I’ll most likely have something to say about it. 😉

·
812 Posts
Not sure why you quoted that from me in your post? I was just confirming that the plant is a FTZ as someone asked. I have no knowledge of what the bill may say if/when passed. And as such, I have no comment on it either way for the most part. At least before it is passed. After it is I’ll most likely have something to say about it. 😉
The forum software saves a previous quote that wasn’t submitted. I had removed your quote from my post before you responded. Sorry about it.

·
64 Posts
Ugh. I did it too! I now have a 2022 Dusk Blue/ Black interior with the brown accents Pro S RWD and a 2023 opal white/black interior Pro S AWD on reservation. My 2022 was already locked on 7/13. We will see what comes first. I'm torn because I like the dusk blue, but don't want the white interior on the 2023, but love the dusk blue on the 2022, but not a massive fan of the brown accents on the 2022, but could live with it if it came first. Wasn't a fan of that darker blue on the 2023.

·
54 Posts

Dave
Doesn't it have to also be voted on in the House? It looks like there are opportunities to have changes made. It also has to pass the Senate Parliamentarian's review.

·
812 Posts
Ugh. I did it too! I now have a 2022 Dusk Blue/ Black interior with the brown accents Pro S RWD and a 2023 opal white/black interior Pro S AWD on reservation. My 2022 was already locked on 7/13. We will see what comes first. I'm torn because I like the dusk blue, but don't want the white interior on the 2023, but love the dusk blue on the 2022, but not a massive fan of the brown accents on the 2022, but could live with it if it came first. Wasn't a fan of that darker blue on the 2023.
I just got my AWD Pro S Kings’s Red a week ago. Black interior brown accents. I always wondered before why anyone would put brown accents in the car. But when I was ordering my ID.3 a year ago, I saw the brown accents and said, “Oh, that doesn’t look bad”. When I got it a week ago, I thought it looked very classy. It’s like an old 1980s Mercedes. I think brown accents suit older folks. Now that I’m older, I actually like it. I want my car to look a little classy, and brown accents do it for me. My Model Y also has a brown faux wood accent on black interior, but the ID.4 brown accents look classier to me. It’s probably not for younger people.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts