Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone pick up their reserved ID.4 at dealerships in northern California without markup this year? What is the name of the dealership? I am trying to make a reservation for my ID. 4 and any help will appreciated.

Thanks.

·
1,216 Posts
Does anyone pick up their reserved ID.4 at dealerships in northern California without markup this year? What is the name of the dealership? I am trying to make a reservation for my ID. 4 and any help will appreciated.

Thanks.
No 2022 ID.4s have made it to a US dealership yet.

Dave

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
4,640 Posts
I am trying to make a reservation for my ID. 4 and any help will appreciated.
Best to say where you are and name your preferred dealership. Almost for sure you'll get some yay or nay responses.

Generally speaking, dealers are sticking to MSRP on ordered vehicles. Of course there are exceptions. The best way to approach this is to talk to your preferred dealer, tell them you're shopping for a delivery dealer, and seeking their commitment of no markup.

Good luck!

·
60 Posts

Thanks.
I have reserved my RWD Pro S at Capitol VW in San Jose om May 7th. The dealership promises to sell at MSRP for the MY 2022. It's not locked yet.

·
51 Posts
I emailed Niello in Sacramento before reserving in January. They replied no markups and no unwanted add-ons.

·
299 Posts
I have reserved my RWD Pro S at Capitol VW in San Jose om May 7th. The dealership promises to sell at MSRP for the MY 2022. It's not locked yet.
That was true in May of '21 also when I got my Pro off the lot, i.e., without an on-line order, at Capitol VW.
Sunnyvale VW had no markup at that time as well, but they sold an order cancellation for a Pro before I could get there.
After 23k miles the only problem I've had is with a trivial taillight strip bulge which VW resolved with new design grommets. The ID.4 has done exceptionally well in crash testing, including the very recent IIHS's tougher side crash standard. I'm not the best judge of this, but I would say the brakes aren't as good as on some other EVs; I think my '21 Pro could use more brake boost.

·
60 Posts
That was true in May of '21 also when I got my Pro off the lot, i.e., without an on-line order, at Capitol VW.
Sunnyvale VW had no markup at that time as well, but they sold an order cancellation for a Pro before I could get there.
After 23k miles the only problem I've had is with a trivial taillight strip bulge which VW resolved with new design grommets. The ID.4 has done exceptionally well in crash testing, including the very recent IIHS's tougher side crash standard. I'm not the best judge of this, but I would say the brakes aren't as good as on some other EVs; I think my '21 Pro could use more brake boost.
Hi Dana,
Thanks for the info. It will be my first EV and first VW. So, I hope it will be a good experience. I hope to get it by the end of this year. Capitol VW told me it will come from Germany. I suspect it will come from Chattanooga, TN.

·
Blue ProS RWD is in my garage! Only took 187 days.
1,110 Posts
Considering their production ramp-up, you may be one of many who never had a VW or an EV and now have both!

(I never had a VW before, either!)

·
414 Posts

Thanks.
Since the question is about reserved orders, the answer is that none of the dealerships on Northern California or otherwise so far appear to do a markup on reserved orders.
But I still got my local dealer to confirm this by email before locking the order.

For a cancelled order, all of them charge markup (at least 5K). But not your own reserved order.

·
2022 ID.4 AWD Pro S
3 Posts

Thanks.
Cardinale in Salinas did not charge us a markup on our reserved car. It's one of the reasons we stuck out the wait from October to July. Also, to get exactly what we wanted. I think most NorCal dealers are doing this. We got a commitment from them early on in our order. Talk to the dealer you want to work with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts