Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this mentioned in another thread and thought I'd start a new thread here for everyone to discuss/share the California CVRP rebate program. Others in states like Colorado and New Jersey that offer large rebates should get threads going.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
455 Posts
Give it time. You can apply after purchase.

Reactions: whizknight

·
83 Posts
Hello, thank you for this thread. So I was reading over the application process for the CVRP rebate and I am a little unclear on when to apply and how long I have to purchase the car after application/approval? I am currently on step 3 on my waiting ID 4 wheel. Locked the car on March 5th, pro S.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
467 Posts
A post on Facebook prompted me to look into this program's funding . If you've purchased your ID.4 and reside in California, get your application in!

As of their March 2021 report, they are estimating CVRP funds will run out as early as May, as late at July.

Application wait time is 76 calendar days, unless income verification is necessary, in which case 137 days.

As of today, the general fund has just under $10 million, and the low-income fund is similar.

Income eligibility caps are $150k single filer, $204k head-of-household, $300k joint. Additional funds are available for low income households.

The process seems complicated at first read, but once the application is started, it's straightforward:
  • scan of Drivers License for proof of residency
  • sales contract or lease document
  • application for registration
  • print, sign, scan, and re-upload their application page

All of these docs have individual guided upload windows, so the process can be "walked through," paused midstream, and gotten back eck to later.

They'll ask for basic gross income data on the web form, but may not ask for income verification documents (or may request them at a later date), which consists of an IRS form to request transcripts, but can also include the IRS transcripts themselves (obtained and uploaded by the applicant, via a 20 minute process on the IRS website — I tried it just because, but the CVRP website didn't ask for any of the income verification documents).

·
14 Posts
A post on Facebook prompted me to look into this program's funding . If you've purchased your ID.4 and reside in California, get your application in!

As of their March 2021 report, they are estimating CVRP funds will run out as early as May, as late at July.

Application wait time is 76 calendar days, unless income verification is necessary, in which case 137 days.

As of today, the general fund has just under $10 million, and the low-income fund is similar.

Income eligibility caps are $150k single filer, $204k head-of-household, $300k joint. Additional funds are available for low income households.

The process seems complicated at first read, but once the application is started, it's straightforward:
  • scan of Drivers License for proof of residency
  • sales contract or lease document
  • application for registration
  • print, sign, scan, and re-upload their application page

All of these docs have individual guided upload windows, so the process can be "walked through," paused midstream, and gotten back eck to later.

They'll ask for basic gross income data on the web form, but may not ask for income verification documents (or may request them at a later date), which consists of an IRS form to request transcripts, but can also include the IRS transcripts themselves (obtained and uploaded by the applicant, via a 20 minute process on the IRS website — I tried it just because, but the CVRP website didn't ask for any of the income verification documents).
don't forget to apply as soon as possible.
this rule only gave you 3 months windows to apply

• Submit a CVRP application prior to exhaustion of available rebate funds and within 3 months of the vehicle purchase or lease date†. Vehicles purchased or leased prior to December 3rd, 2019 have an 18-month eligibility window in which to submit an application.

·
83 Posts
A little guide. So I have been reading on multiple threads that I should apply as soon as I can so I did that right now. I attempted to apply for the preapproval. However after entering all my information and carefully reading all the guidelines, eligibilities I got this message at the end. A little help please.
3D895B28-94A7-462D-86ED-3E8004D8E082.png

·
83 Posts
Is there a difference for eligibility between the apply now option, preapproval, or playing after you get the car? Sorry this is been covered in another thread I didn’t really see it, I just hope for a little clarity in guidance because obviously I do not want to miss out

·
467 Posts
I'm not thoroughly versed but when I applied for the standard $2,000 rebate, there was no pre-approval option, and I had to upload my sales / registration docs. Not sure about the low income application nor the San Diego application.

·
455 Posts
Hmm, I easily qualified for the post-sale application at under $150,000 AGI this morning. Why would the San Diego preapproval be any different? Strange...
Try again?

·
467 Posts
Ah! It's right on the CVRP main page: "Low and moderate-income residents in San Diego County and the San Joaquin Valley can now get preapproved for rebates" implying that there are no pre-purchase approvals for applicants of the standard rebate.

·
83 Posts
Ah! It's right on the CVRP main page: "Low and moderate-income residents in San Diego County and the San Joaquin Valley can now get preapproved for rebates" implying that there are no pre-purchase approvals for applicants of the standard rebate.
Thank you that must have been what I missed thinking it was just general pre approval, I will look it all over again.

·
467 Posts
Thought it'd be good to throw out there that CVRP applications received after April 23 are on the waitlist due to funding running out:
"Waitlist in effect for applications received on or after April 23, 2021 Funding is exhausted for standard and increased rebates As of April 23, 2021, limited funding is only available for Rebate Now applicants. All other applications will be placed on a rebate waitlist. Qualified applicants on the rebate waitlist may receive a rebate if the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) receives funding from the State of California. Learn more."
But meanwhile, today (4/24) I received an email with no mention of the funding status, so I'm hoping my submitted app already has funding allocated to it:
"Our team is sending you this message to confirm that your CVRP application is still in our queue and has not been forgotten. CVRP has received an unprecedented application volume in recent months. We are very excited about the significant increase, but unfortunately, processing times are longer than usual."
Lastly, the CVRP "real time funding status" webpage is no longer showing how much is left in the kitty, but instead replaced with a gloomy waitlist message. But this fund is replenished somewhat regularly so the bet is it will be again, sooner or later.

Reactions: Dana

·
455 Posts
That's why I applied with my dealer plate, fully knowing it might create issues. Better half in than not at all. On a slightly related note, I received an email invite today for a survey regarding the Clean Fuel Rebate Program. Some folks are obviously working.

Reactions: egsell
1 - 14 of 14 Posts