Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
393 Posts
There will be no need to ship the cars across the Atlantic. They should go from factory to owner much more quickly.

·
966 Posts
Is the TN factory qualified under the $12.5K US tax credit?
No since they are non union it would be $8000. But that bill has not passed yet so its likely to change. If it does pass as currently written, TN might vote to go union so they don't miss out on the extra $4500. They were close to going union in their last vote on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
No since they are non union it would be $8000. But that bill has not passed yet so its likely to change. If it does pass as currently written, TN might vote to go union so they don't miss out on the extra $4500. They were close to going union in their last vote on it.
Very unlikely the bill will be passed as is. Manchin has said he is opposed to it.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
387 Posts
I read somewhere that the Chattanooga built cars will have a smaller battery - Is that just an option and will the 82Kw battery still be installed on most cars?

·
966 Posts
I read somewhere that the Chattanooga built cars will have a smaller battery - Is that just an option and will the 82Kw battery still be installed on most cars?
That is just the new base model to get the price down to $35k. Will most will buy that, yes probably since they will hype it the most, and most people will still think 200 mile range is OK. There will likely still be the option of the larger 82kw battery for about $5000 more as they offer both in the EU.

·
1,229 Posts
We need 100+ Kwh nominal usable capacity for ultimate road warrior EV. So even in the harsh weather conditions it will go over 270 miles when using 80% SOC.
Tesla S long range is still 99 Kwh battery pack.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (acquired 4/20/2021) and ID.4 Pro/S (acquired 8/20/21)
312 Posts
The TN workers could care less if the car buyer gets the extra tax credit, so I don’t see this fact swaying the union vote. They will vote for a union if they feel union representation will benefit them, not for tax credits people buying their stuff will get.

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
The TN workers could care less if the car buyer gets the extra tax credit, so I don’t see this fact swaying the union vote. They will vote for a union if they feel union representation will benefit them, not for tax credits people buying their stuff will get.
I think they understand that they would sell more cars and their jobs would be more secure if the cars were $4500 cheaper.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
There will not be any additional EV incentives in the BBB bill that Joe Manchin would vote for. In fact, the BBB bill is likely to die in the Senate altogether. There are enough sane people there in both parties not to vote for a $1.9 trillion bill while the country is teetering on hyperinflation.

Not a single EV manufacturer is having trouble selling EVs at this point. There is no need for incentives on EVs altogether and certainly no need for new incentives.

Musk raised the price of Model 3 and Y by $9,000 (close to 20%) in less than 6 months, and the wait time is still close to a year. So, incentives (especially new ones) are a government waste that needs to be stopped.

·
30 Posts
US market will never be very happy with 62kwh total battery pack. Someone who buys it will regret his purchase if he ever decide to go on trip in the winter.
Grocery getter at this battery size will be great.
I agree entirely, especially from a resale standpoint - I think these will also be a tougher sale on the used market, especially after the battery has taken its natural SOH hit from normal use. Now then, if I were looking for a shorter range commuter EV, I would think a used “short range” ID.4 could represent a screaming deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts