Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where in Germany the ID Buzz will be assembled? Any news on a production date?

Thanks.

·
39 Posts
Yes. VW's van plant in Hannover. VW vans have been built there for more than 60 years. I imagine there are a few who built VW's iconic vans back in the day who will still be there for ID Buzz production.

VW spoke of some of the changes for the plant to prepare for ID Buzz production: ID. BUZZ: the Bulli of the future

As far as the timeline, I do not know the firm date yet, but sometime in 2021 or 2022 is expected.

Are you planning to get an ID Buzz? Personally, I am far more interested in the ID Buzz than the ID.4, although I'm keeping up with both vehicles because they mean so much for the VW brand's future. I definitely plan on getting an ID Buzz.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. VW's van plant in Hannover. VW vans have been built there for more than 60 years. I imagine there are a few who built VW's iconic vans back in the day who will still be there for ID Buzz production.

View attachment 248

VW spoke of some of the changes for the plant to prepare for ID Buzz production: ID. BUZZ: the Bulli of the future

As far as the timeline, I do not know the firm date yet, but sometime in 2021 or 2022 is expected.

Are you planning to get an ID Buzz? Personally, I am far more interested in the ID Buzz than the ID.4, although I'm keeping up with both vehicles because they mean so much for the VW brand's future. I definitely plan on getting an ID Buzz.
Thanks! I plan on being in Germany at least once before they come out so I hope to go by the plant. And Yes I plan on purchasing one as soon as I can. I grew up in the 60’s and it’s a gift from the gods! Hahaha.

·
8 Posts

View attachment 248

Love the old photo!
ID4 seems a bit more practical and mainstream, but if the ID Buzz comes out any time close to that, I'd definitely consider it.

I loved the Bulli concept they came out with a few years back.

·
39 Posts
ID4 seems a bit more practical and mainstream, but if the ID Buzz comes out any time close to that, I'd definitely consider it.
ID4 is coming first and will be more mainstream. The ID Buzz will come later and be a premium aspirational lower volume model than the ID4. I'm predicting $50k-ish

1 - 5 of 5 Posts