Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

So been chatting with VW support and they can't explain why the "View my configuration page" is showing my reservation as a regular Pro S with a price of $39,995. But they assure me that my order for an AWD Pro S with Gradient is still on the books. Amazing that VW can't run a relatively simple portal correctly, makes you wonder how they can do software updates for the car.

• Exterior
  • Interior
  • Safety
  • Installed Accessories
Model
ID.4 Pro S (Statement)
Package
Gradient
MSRP
$39,995

Glacier White/Lunar Grey 1st Edition with 19" Wheels
So been chatting with VW support and they can't explain why the "View my configuration page" is showing my reservation as a regular Pro S with a price of $39,995. But they assure me that my order for an AWD Pro S with Gradient is still on the books. Amazing that VW can't run a relatively simple portal correctly, makes you wonder how they can do software updates for the car.

• Exterior
  • Interior
  • Safety
  • Installed Accessories
Model
ID.4 Pro S (Statement)
Package
Gradient
MSRP
$39,995
Weird. Even if they do stick you with what's on the website...that's a great deal. 40k for the Pro with Statement+Gradient package?

Are they shipping AWDs ahead of completing RWD deliveries? Grumpy face
Only for AWD pre-orders placed last sept., and it looks like they will have completed RWD orders placed in sept. before Aug. when they start shipping AWD placed way back then. They may have completed all RWD placed in Sept. already, since many who ordered RWD as late as Mar. have already got them.

I just heard from my dealer that my Moonstone Gray/black interior AWD PRO S has a production complete ETA of 7/11 and a delivery to dealer ETA of 08/05/2021 - 08/25/2021. Not to gloat, sharing so that we can all know our patience will ultimately be rewarded. It's been a tough wait ... and patience is not my thing.
Inspired by you, I just checked in with my dealer and received very similar info for my Glacier White/Lunar Gray interior AWD Pro S w/Gradient (reserved 4Oct20): Production date 7/11, port arrival estimated 7/25 (Baltimore?), released for transport 8/7 and delivery to dealer 8/15-20. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Guess I won't move to Step 4 until 7/11 at the earliest.

2021 1st
makes you wonder how they can do software updates for the car
Some have already reached a certain conclusion :)

Regarding the model you've ordered vs. listed in the portal: at what stage do you receive your VIN? Do you know yours already? We can decode it.

Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
Inspired by you, I just checked in with my dealer and received very similar info for my Glacier White/Lunar Gray interior AWD Pro S w/Gradient (reserved 4Oct20): Production date 7/11, port arrival estimated 7/25 (Baltimore?), released for transport 8/7 and delivery to dealer 8/15-20. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Guess I won't move to Step 4 until 7/11 at the earliest.
Philly Phil, which dealer are you using?

Some have already reached a certain conclusion :)

Regarding the model you've ordered vs. listed in the portal: at what stage do you receive your VIN? Do you know yours already? We can decode it.
No, don't have a VIN but VW Customer support looked into the issue and it now is displaying the correct information on the portal. Hoping that since I ordered on 9/23 and people that order several days after me are being told they'll get their ID.4 AWD in August that I do to, especially since my current car's registration expires 9/15.

I just heard from my dealer that my Moonstone Gray/black interior AWD PRO S has a production complete ETA of 7/11 and a delivery to dealer ETA of 08/05/2021 - 08/25/2021. Not to gloat, sharing so that we can all know our patience will ultimately be rewarded. It's been a tough wait ... and I鈥檓 patience is not my thing.
I just heard from my dealer that my Moonstone Gray/black interior AWD PRO S has a production complete ETA of 7/11 and a delivery to dealer ETA of 08/05/2021 - 08/25/2021. Not to gloat, sharing so that we can all know our patience will ultimately be rewarded. It's been a tough wait ... and patience is not my thing.
Promising news. I haven鈥檛 heard from VW. My AWD was ordered 9/23. Will check w dealer.

For my id.pro AWD in white (first day reservation locked in with $400 this spring) , checked in with dealer (Galpin in North Hills) and was informed that no additional information like a build date available yet on their end.

I had cancelled my reservation for an AWD ID.4, but recently was wondering what the specs would be.

5.8 seconds to 60 isn鈥檛 bad. That鈥檚 what a VW GTI gets. I Googled the WLTP range for the ID.4 GTX and it is 298 miles. In comparison the WLTP range for the RWD ID.4 is 323 miles/250 miles.

Has anyone considered reserving a BMW i4 e40 or BMW i4 M50 instead? Both have better acceleration and range than the VW ID.4 AWD.

The BMW i4 e40 starts at $55,400, accelerates from 0-60 mph in 5.5 seconds and has a range of 300 miles with a top speed of 118mph. The dual motor BMW i4 M50 starts at $65,900, accelerates from 0-60 in 3.7 second and has a range of 240 miles or 317 miles WLTP with a top speed of 140 mph.

I checked out a BMW 4 series Gran Coupe that the i4 is based on and it is very similar to my GTI. It鈥檚 also a hatchback, has the same luggage capacity with the seats up and has decent rear passenger leg room. I鈥檓 not an SUV fan and placed a reservation for a BMW i4 M50 when it was released. Ironically on the same day BMW started taking reservations, car websites released that Porsche may be coming out with a smaller Taycan in 2025鈥.

For those that like the Audi eTron GT or Porsche Taycan, but can鈥檛 afford one, I think the BMW i4 and i4 M50 fill that gap.

No interest in a sedan form factor at this point.

Reactions: stealthg

Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
Flemington Audi/VW/Porsche. I have been a very satisfied customer of their dealership group for 30 years. Purchased multiple Infinitis, Audis and BMWs from them.
We purchased one of our BMW's there. Great dealer.

I had cancelled my reservation for an AWD ID.4, but recently was wondering what the specs would be.

5.8 seconds to 60 isn鈥檛 bad. That鈥檚 what a VW GTI gets. I Googled the WLTP range for the ID.4 GTX and it is 298 miles. In comparison the WLTP range for the RWD ID.4 is 323 miles/250 miles.

Has anyone considered reserving a BMW i4 e40 or BMW i4 M50 instead? Both have better acceleration and range than the VW ID.4 AWD.

The BMW i4 e40 starts at $55,400, accelerates from 0-60 mph in 5.5 seconds and has a range of 300 miles with a top speed of 118mph. The dual motor BMW i4 M50 starts at $65,900, accelerates from 0-60 in 3.7 second and has a range of 240 miles or 317 miles WLTP with a top speed of 140 mph.

I checked out a BMW 4 series Gran Coupe that the i4 is based on and it is very similar to my GTI. It鈥檚 also a hatchback, has the same luggage capacity with the seats up and has decent rear passenger leg room. I鈥檓 not an SUV fan and placed a reservation for a BMW i4 M50 when it was released. Ironically on the same day BMW started taking reservations, car websites released that Porsche may be coming out with a smaller Taycan in 2025鈥.

For those that like the Audi eTron GT or Porsche Taycan, but can鈥檛 afford one, I think the BMW i4 and i4 M50 fill that gap.
I cancelled one of my ID4鈥檚 (ordered 9/26) last month. It turns out that was the right decision as the trade-in 2017 VW Golf GTI was written off in the recent Louisiana floods. Ended up buying a Toyota Venza hybrid last week. 2nd AWD (ordered 9/23) still on order. I also ordered a BMW IX for mid next year and I am also considering a BMW I4. Lots of waiting still to be done. I鈥檝e had many BMW鈥檚 and while their S/W is not like Tesla, it鈥檚 not buggy like VW, especially Car Net.

Just checked my Owner's Portal page and saw that my estimated delivery date is now June-July instead of Sept.-Nov. Sounds hard to believe. Also, the range changed from tbd to 240 - almost as high as the RWD! Anyone else receive an update?

Just checked my Owner's Portal page and saw that my estimated delivery date is now June-July instead of Sept.-Nov. Sounds hard to believe. Also, the range changed from tbd to 240 - almost as high as the RWD! Anyone else receive an update?
Mine too!!! Very happy about this change.

Reactions: graftondog

AWD PRO S
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Mine too!!! Very happy about this change.
I check the portal every day. Checked this morning it was still Sep-Nov, just checked again (thanks for the alert) and, sure enough Jun-Jul.

My estimated delivery date also just changed to June-July, but the range is still TBD. Pro S with Gradient, does yours not have the Gradient package, possibly the difference?

Same here! I won鈥檛 get too excited though until it moves to leaving the factory.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts