Volkswagen ID Forum banner
641 - 660 of 713 Posts

·
18 Posts
@druptight, thanks for the information. I'm in California, so I suppose that doesn't help the timeline. I hope the boats aren't coming out to LA/Long Beach, because our ports are way, way backed up due to a variety of reasons. You can see the boats anchored out on the water. I guess we'll have to see! Congrats to everyone else who've had their vehicles delivered--hope the vehicle has no issues and is as rewarding as you'd hope it would be.
The ships are Ro-Ro carriers and don’t have to wait in line like the shipment container ships do. We should be good👍

·
ID.4 Pro RWD, Moonstone Gray (the cheapest version 😎)
95 Posts
The ships are Ro-Ro carriers and don’t have to wait in line like the shipment container ships do. We should be good👍
That makes so much sense; I learn something new every day on VWIDtalk.com. :D

·
60 Posts
They come into either Benicia or San Diego, and cars have their own docks that are not backed up like LA.
There are two ships on the VW Export Schedule currently enroute to CA. The Glovis Sun is nearing Panama, the RCC Europe is heading SW out of the English Channel to Panama. I had hoped that I would see a status change to 20-2 with the departure of one of these two, but unfortunately I (and other CA bound AWD's) are still at 20-1. I've reached out to my dealer rep to see if he shows anything different in his system.

·
ID.4 Pro RWD, Moonstone Gray (the cheapest version 😎)
95 Posts
There are two ships on the VW Export Schedule currently enroute to CA. The Glovis Sun is nearing Panama, the RCC Europe is heading SW out of the English Channel to Panama. I had hoped that I would see a status change to 20-2 with the departure of one of these two, but unfortunately I (and other CA bound AWD's) are still at 20-1. I've reached out to my dealer rep to see if he shows anything different in his system.
Bummer. My dealer isn't giving me much. But I do know I went to 20-2 several days ago. Maybe it's on one of those two boats.

·
60 Posts
Bummer. My dealer isn't giving me much. But I do know I went to 20-2 several days ago. Maybe it's on one of those two boats.
The dealer rep came back with an arriving at the port eta of 11/11/21, one week after the current schedule for RCC Europe to get to San Diego. Then 11/21/21, released from the Carrier, arriving at the dealer 11/24 - 12/04. I guess it might be a Thanksgiving ID.4!

·
60 Posts
For some reason I thought members were tracking their vehicles en route by VIN—is that true?
I haven't been. I do have the VIN, which has since disappeared from the portal. I've just been watching the order status code in the background of the portal using the developer tools and watching the ship movements following the VW export schedule and marinetraffic.com.

641 - 660 of 713 Posts