Volkswagen ID Forum banner
661 - 680 of 713 Posts

·
12 Posts
How do you like that brown in real life? I haven’t actually seen it in person, so not sure if we’ll like it or not.
I like the brown. The stitching along the dash is very nice. I think many of the Pro S's get the same, not just the AWD. I didn't realize it would be on mine, but I'm happily surprised. It's a kind of leatherish color, maybe a little lighter than most orange leathers that are similar. Audi has a slightly muted version of this color they call Okapi Brown that's available in several of their models including the e-tron.

·
38 Posts
I like the brown. The stitching along the dash is very nice. I think many of the Pro S's get the same, not just the AWD. I didn't realize it would be on mine, but I'm happily surprised. It's a kind of leatherish color, maybe a little lighter than most orange leathers that are similar. Audi has a slightly muted version of this color they call Okapi Brown that's available in several of their models including the e-tron.
Thanks for the pictures. My wife chose the black interior, but we went for the Moonstone Gray exterior.

My wife had a Q5 that had the cinnamon/okapi seat color with everything else being black on the interior. We loved that color combo. I wish you could get the ID.4 with a similar color combo…..the orangish/brown seats with everything else being black.

·
12 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. My wife chose the black interior, but we went for the Moonstone Gray exterior.

My wife had a Q5 that had the cinnamon/okapi seat color with everything else being black on the interior. We loved that color combo. I wish you could get the ID.4 with a similar color combo…..the orangish/brown seats with everything else being black.
I agree. I'd like brown seats here too, but it's still very nice. The Moonstone Gray is a great color. I almost chose that one.

·
34 Posts
How do you like that brown in real life? I haven’t actually seen it in person, so not sure if we’ll like it or not.
Love the silver, and I prefer the non-gradient in silver as the black pillars and roof rails provide a nice contrast. Best color choice by far. :)

I still cant get over the brown inserts... mine will be the same, and it just turns my stomach. I'm wondering if one day I will be able to buy the gray inserts and replace them... WHY VW? WHY?!

·
205 Posts
I was concerned about the Brown based on pictures, but loved it when my ID.4 arrived!

Reactions: Rousie13

·
38 Posts
I agree. I'd like brown seats here too, but it's still very nice. The Moonstone Gray is a great color. I almost chose that one.
My wife narrowed it down to the silver and gray, but decided to go with the gray with the Gradient package. She wanted dark gray(just like her last 4 cars), but unfortunately that wasn’t an option.

·
12 Posts
Love the silver, and I prefer the non-gradient in silver as the black pillars and roof rails provide a nice contrast. Best color choice by far. :)

I still cant get over the brown inserts... mine will be the same, and it just turns my stomach. I'm wondering if one day I will be able to buy the gray inserts and replace them... WHY VW? WHY?!
It is an unusual choice that may not be everyone's cup of tea, particularly with other color exteriors, but with silver or gray especially, I think it works. I do like it, partly because it is different. I think VW is going after something more dramatic so white with First Edition and "Florence Brown" on all the Pro-S models. It's one of the two choices on most exterior colors, but it's the only choice for gray and silver exteriors.

If you search this forum for florence brown, you will find others who want something else, like this thread:

Change brown dash and door panels on ID4

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
120 Posts
Just got a surprise call from my dealer that my AWD Pro S just came in on the transporter! I'm in San Diego and was frankly surprised that they already have it because I'm still stuck at Step 4 (Leaving Factory) on the Wheel of Pain and am still at order status 20-2. I knew I was on Bishu Highway which offloaded in Houston about 10 days ago but I assumed the cars were stuck in customs because the order status didn't change. This is obviously incorrect and the Wheel of Pain does NOT reflect reality. So a lot of people may be getting surprise calls from their dealer (especially if you're in 20-2 order status which seems to indicate the car is loaded on a ship).

·
7 Posts
Mike congrats!!! I am in the same boat, mine shows on the dock in Germany..... San Diego North County coming in to Bob Baker VW Carlsbad. May I ask when you locked in the second payment.

·
13 Posts
Hello, all. New here!

We reserved the AWD PRO S Gradient (Moonstone Gray, Galaxy Black). We put a deposit down the day it launched, and locked in March. Received "Leaving Factory" email on 10/9 (but is still sitting in 15-2 according to the tracker, so seems it's being a bit glitchy). I'm on the west coast, so I'm assuming it will arrive in SD?

·
61 Posts
Hello, all. New here!

We reserved the AWD PRO S Gradient (Moonstone Gray, Galaxy Black). We put a deposit down the day it launched, and locked in March. Received "Leaving Factory" email on 10/9 (but is still sitting in 15-2 according to the tracker, so seems it's being a bit glitchy). I'm on the west coast, so I'm assuming it will arrive in SD?
If you’re in SoCal, yes, if NorCal then Benecia.

·
61 Posts
Just got a surprise call from my dealer that my AWD Pro S just came in on the transporter! I'm in San Diego and was frankly surprised that they already have it because I'm still stuck at Step 4 (Leaving Factory) on the Wheel of Pain and am still at order status 20-2. I knew I was on Bishu Highway which offloaded in Houston about 10 days ago but I assumed the cars were stuck in customs because the order status didn't change. This is obviously incorrect and the Wheel of Pain does NOT reflect reality. So a lot of people may be getting surprise calls from their dealer (especially if you're in 20-2 order status which seems to indicate the car is loaded on a ship).
Congrats! And confirms my suspicion that the Portal isn’t updating!

·
774 Posts
Received "Leaving Factory" email on 10/9
Congrats and Welcome to the forum. If you call your dealer now, they can give you better dates since the Portal appears broken lately. Most dealers are able to find out what port and even what ship its on once it has loaded.

Reactions: WATTaboutMe

·
13 Posts
Strangely enough, I reached out to my dealer and used the portal discrepancy to pick their brain about specifics. They said it's due to leave port sometime in November, with a latest delivery date of (essentially) Christmas. When I asked which port, they said "west coast" but nothing more specific than that. But according to the email from VW, it's already left the factory and is on it's "journey". 😎 Out of curiosity I want to try and narrow down which cargo vessel it might be on becauseomgimsoexcited......

I saw the export pdf and have narrowed it down to the last three. My gut is telling me its either RCC Europe or Felicity Ace. If it's on Goodwind, it will definitely be Christmas.

·
61 Posts
Strangely enough, I reached out to my dealer and used the portal discrepancy to pick their brain about specifics. They said it's due to leave port sometime in November, with a latest delivery date of (essentially) Christmas. When I asked which port, they said "west coast" but nothing more specific than that. But according to the email from VW, it's already left the factory and is on it's "journey". 😎 Out of curiosity I want to try and narrow down which cargo vessel it might be on becauseomgimsoexcited......

I saw the export pdf and have narrowed it down to the last three. My gut is telling me its either RCC Europe or Felicity Ace. If it's on Goodwind, it will definitely be Christmas.
The KW31/2021 schedule only runs through the 3rd week in October. RCC Europe is already enroute to Panama, then presumably the west coast. So far, I’ve been looking, but haven’t seen anything that covers November.

661 - 680 of 713 Posts