Volkswagen ID Forum banner
681 - 700 of 713 Posts

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
120 Posts
Just got a surprise call from my dealer that my AWD Pro S just came in on the transporter! I'm in San Diego and was frankly surprised that they already have it because I'm still stuck at Step 4 (Leaving Factory) on the Wheel of Pain and am still at order status 20-2. I knew I was on Bishu Highway which offloaded in Houston about 10 days ago but I assumed the cars were stuck in customs because the order status didn't change. This is obviously incorrect and the Wheel of Pain does NOT reflect reality. So a lot of people may be getting surprise calls from their dealer (especially if you're in 20-2 order status which seems to indicate the car is loaded on a ship).
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with my sales agent from Bob Baker Volkswagen and she texted me the Monroney sticker for the car:

Computer Personal computer Output device Product Netbook

I noticed the port of entry is San Diego - not Houston. This means I wasn't on Bishu Highway - not sure what ship I was on but it berthed in San Diego. So it looks like VAG is shotgun-delivering a bunch of inventory to all available ports - not everything is going to Houston which is bound for the west coast. I checked with the Port of San Diego but I guess the ship I was on already dropped off the list. Whatever - Saturday I pick-up my car! Here's the link for the Port of San Diego cargo berthing schedule if anyone is interested:

·
10 Posts
How long does an order typically take to lock? I made a reservation ($100 down) on a blue Pro S AWD with the lunar grey interior on September 24, 2021. I’m not expecting to get it until spring next year, but I thought VW would be eager to get ahold of my locking $400. Is it the lunar grey material that is slowing down the locking process?

·
38 Posts
How long does an order typically take to lock? I made a reservation ($100 down) on a blue Pro S AWD with the lunar grey interior on September 24, 2021. I’m not expecting to get it until spring next year, but I thought VW would be eager to get ahold of my locking $400. Is it the lunar grey material that is slowing down the locking process?
We reserved on 9/12/21 and got the invitation to lock on 9/23/21 (actually locked on 9/27/21). We reserved an AWD Pro S Gradient in Moonstone Gray with Galaxy Black interior.

·
1 Posts
We submitted a reservation a few days ago but while we can see it on the website I never received any sort of email confirmation -- is that normal? (and yes, I checked the spam folder). If there was supposed to be an email, I'm concerned that the eventual invitation to lock would get similarly lost...

·
18 Posts
We reserved on 9/12/21 and got the invitation to lock on 9/23/21 (actually locked on 9/27/21). We reserved an AWD Pro S Gradient in Moonstone Gray with Galaxy Black interior.
I locked my Moonstone AWD Pro S on 9/30, so hopefully we get our cars before the end of the year.

·
38 Posts
I locked my Moonstone AWD Pro S on 9/30, so hopefully we get our cars before the end of the year.
I’m sure my wife would like that and I would like that for tax purposes.

I’m still seeing code 03, but my dealer stated that they‘re seeing our order in the factory. The dealer said that this means it’s getting ready for production. I guess the VW portal hasn’t been updating lately, so hopefully it should be in before the end of the year if the dealer is correct.

Hopefully you get yours before the end of the year too.

·
18 Posts
I’m sure my wife would like that and I would like that for tax purposes.

I’m still seeing code 03, but my dealer stated that they‘re seeing our order in the factory. The dealer said that this means it’s getting ready for production. I guess the VW portal hasn’t been updating lately, so hopefully it should be in before the end of the year if the dealer is correct.

Hopefully you get yours before the end of the year too.
I also want to take advantage of the tax write off as well👍

·
85 Posts
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with my sales agent from Bob Baker Volkswagen and she texted me the Monroney sticker for the car:

View attachment 6417

I noticed the port of entry is San Diego - not Houston. This means I wasn't on Bishu Highway - not sure what ship I was on but it berthed in San Diego. So it looks like VAG is shotgun-delivering a bunch of inventory to all available ports - not everything is going to Houston which is bound for the west coast. I checked with the Port of San Diego but I guess the ship I was on already dropped off the list. Whatever - Saturday I pick-up my car! Here's the link for the Port of San Diego cargo berthing schedule if anyone is interested:

So I had the exact same thing happening. By using the developer tools and timing of changes I was convinced to be on Bishu Highway but when I got the monroney sticker it said point of entry was San Diego. So it had been on an earlier boat. I'm in Pasadena so hopefully it arrives in a few days and I can pick it up next week.

·
126 Posts
So I had the exact same thing happening. By using the developer tools and timing of changes I was convinced to be on Bishu Highway but when I got the monroney sticker it said point of entry was San Diego. So it had been on an earlier boat. I'm in Pasadena so hopefully it arrives in a few days and I can pick it up next week.
While I haven't seen the Monroney, I'm having a similar experience. I just went to 30-3 in the last 48 hours after going 20-2 while Bishu was loading, but my salesperson in San Fernando Valley says my car entered through San Diego -- actually said "all our ID.4 enter through San Diego" -- and will be ready for delivery next week. So I'm a bit confused as well, but I still don't think all LA area cars come through SD...doesn't seem like there are enough berthings.

·
120 Posts
It might be that San Diego is getting more action due to the huge port backup in LA. I'm sure the logistics of all this is a nightmare.

·
7 Posts
Mike I have date you car was built 8-25-21 so in my estimation it took 7 weeks after that date to arrive at the dealer from the factory build date.

I went to BB VW and saw your car and got that date from a sheet just above the Monroney sticker.

So I am thinking mine will be the middle to end of Nov. as mine was completed the last week of Sept.

·
120 Posts
Mike I have date you car was built 8-25-21 so in my estimation it took 7 weeks after that date to arrive at the dealer from the factory build date.

I went to BB VW and saw your car and got that date from a sheet just above the Monroney sticker.

So I am thinking mine will be the middle to end of Nov. as mine was completed the last week of Sept.
Makes sense. So far I can say my experience with Lisa at BB has been good - no games yet! I'll post more about my purchase/dealer experience after I pickup the car Saturday.

·
44 Posts
ugh...VW portal says Dec-Jan on delivery. Called my dealer to see if they have any additional insight...They stated a completion date of Feb 2022. Assuming that is the month I get it, and not the month it leaves the factory, I dunno if I have a 4 month wait in me. My commute has change to around 160/day 5 days/week. This is crushing my current resale/trade value. Another 4 months and another model year will crush it even more. Not to mention adding an extended wait on the tax credit. oh well...guess we'll see what happens

·
38 Posts
ugh...VW portal says Dec-Jan on delivery. Called my dealer to see if they have any additional insight...They stated a completion date of Feb 2022. Assuming that is the month I get it, and not the month it leaves the factory, I dunno if I have a 4 month wait in me. My commute has change to around 160/day 5 days/week. This is crushing my current resale/trade value. Another 4 months and another model year will crush it even more. Not to mention adding an extended wait on the tax credit. I feel like VW is really letting me down. lol Does anyone else feel that way...like VW has dropped the ball and is letting us all down?
When did you reserve and lock? Also, what did you order?

·
44 Posts
When did you reserve and lock? Also, what did you order?
This will show my impatience, and upset ya...( at least I'm self aware) ..I originally placed an order last year for RWD, but last month changed my mind and went to AWD. Locked in 9/30. AWD Pro S Gradient in Kings Red. Side note... My status just changed from 03 to 10. That's odd.

·
38 Posts
This is will show my impatience and upset ya...( at least I'm self aware) ..I originally placed an order last year for RWD, but last month changed my mind and went to AWD. Locked in 9/30. AWD Pro S Gradient in Kings Red. Side note... My status just changed from 03 to 10. That's odd.
Haha. I’m right there with you. We locked on 9/23 for AWD Pro S Gradient in Moonstone. I spoke with my dealer last week and they said it was in the factory ready for production. They confirmed that again the beginning of this week, but the portal has stayed 03 and it just changed to 10 like yours. It’s also showing a commission number now too.

I’m hoping it comes in before the end of the year to get the tax benefits this year and hopefully get rid of my wife’s CRV while used car prices are still crazy high.

·
18 Posts
Haha. I’m right there with you. We locked on 9/23 for AWD Pro S Gradient in Moonstone. I spoke with my dealer last week and they said it was in the factory ready for production. They confirmed that again the beginning of this week, but the portal has stayed 03 and it just changed to 10 like yours. It’s also showing a commission number now too.

I’m hoping it comes in before the end of the year to get the tax benefits this year and hopefully get rid of my wife’s CRV while used car prices are still crazy high.
Looks like we are all in the same boat and the last time I checked my status, I was 03

·
43 Posts
AWD ProS Gradient
Scale Silver
Reserved: 7/21/21
Locked: 7/29/21
Estimated delivery on portal: Oct-Nov
Just went from 03 to 10

681 - 700 of 713 Posts