Volkswagen ID Forum banner
761 - 780 of 833 Posts

·
Waiting on Moonstone Pro S AWD Locked 9/30 Delivery was Dec-Jan, Now Jan-Feb.
31 Posts
Excellent Choice👍 You will notice the difference and thank yourself after. My local dealer has a demo unit to test drive.

·
184 Posts
So the AWD on the ID.4 means the front wheel is only powered as needed, meaning when we if we get unrepairable damage on one tire, we only have to change out one pair, right? (Unlike Subaru which requires all 4 changed at the same time).

·
Waiting on Moonstone Pro S AWD Locked 9/30 Delivery was Dec-Jan, Now Jan-Feb.
31 Posts
Boo. Our Pro AWD reservation from early October had moved to 15-1 ("scheduled for production") last week but is back to 03 ("locked") as of today. :(
It seems that has happened to a bunch of us and I'm hoping it's a mistake.

·
Pro S Gradient AWD red
141 Posts
It seems that has happened to a bunch of us and I'm hoping it's a mistake.
Just guessing, but since “the wheel” only shows “locked” and “leaving the factory” steps the churn in between may change, but without normally letting us know about it. The whole deep dive into the status page using developer tools that provide interim steps isn’t normally available, so most would never know.
I’m hoping that whatever might be going on doesn’t affect the delivery date, which is really the most important milestone.

EJ

·
993 Posts
That is terrible customer service and communication by VW. Boo is right.
These secret codes of 15-1 are not any form of communication by VW. So not a boo there. But I have a big boo since my portal said June for ETA when I reserved last Dec. Now it says Jan. and I don't even believe that after it keeps getting bumped up a month each time it gets near. Don't believe anything the portal tells you, except for RWD.

Reactions: Manybees

·
1 Posts
Boo. Our Pro AWD reservation from early October had moved to 15-1 ("scheduled for production") last week but is back to 03 ("locked") as of today. :(
Same here, my order stays at 15-1, past couple weeks, and now is back to 03. Delivery moved from Dec-Jan to Jan-Feb. Placed my order late September for PRO S AWD with Gradient Package.

·
1 Posts
I reserved Pro S AWD with gradient on Sep 30th, 2021. Mine is still in step 1/7 and not locked yet as I am still waiting for email for next $400 payment.

Wondering how others placed in October already got locked. Should I be doing something to trigger the second email for second deposit payment?

·
71 Posts
Just wondering a couple of things about those who got bumped back to 03:
  • Where are you located? (Maybe there’s some pattern here? All midwest? All west coast?)
  • Did you look in the source code of the reservation web page to see whether you’d been changed to the 2022 Model Year? If I remember right, one of those graphql files had a value indicating model year.

·
Pro S Gradient AWD red
141 Posts
  • Where are you located? (Maybe there’s some pattern here? All midwest? All west coast?)
  • Did you look in the source code of the reservation web page to see whether you’d been changed to the 2022 Model Year? If I remember right, one of those graphql files had a value indicating model year.
I’m Florida, 150 miles by interstate from Port Jacksonville. I checked this morning. Model year is still 2021. Status03.

·
40 Posts
I went to 15-2 on Sunday and spoke with my dealership today. My car is in production this week and the estimate for delivery to the dealership is mid January of 2022. I ordered the car in March and locked it on 6/21. Because I am in Minneapolis the delivery time is very long. The car is planned to be shipped 11/10 and will go to the port of Houston. It then will be loaded on a rail car to the Chicago area and then transported by car carrier. My dealer said that they have been delivered several cars so far and all of them took between 12 to 14 weeks post production to arrive at the dealership. So I will get a 2021 model in January 2022. Not what I planned but at least I will finally get the car.
Thought I would give an update. You might want to forget the wheel of pain and developer codes. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and they confirmed that my car was built last week and will be loaded on the ship this week. Most likely Bishu since it arrived at port on 11/10. They confirmed that the earliest I will see the car is mid January. Sunwizard I bet your in the same boat. I suspect your car is already done and headed to Houston just like mine. This dealer ( Luther) is one of the largest in the upper midwest. They have been getting id4 AWD since mid Oct and have several coming in over the next few weeks so they seem to know when the car will be available. Hope this helps some of you that in fact cars are coming but the system is not updating like it did back in the summer.

·
993 Posts
They have been getting id4 AWD since mid Oct and have several coming in over the next few weeks so they seem to know when the car will be available. Hope this helps some of you that in fact cars are coming but the system is not updating like it did back in the summer.
I agree with this, and have posted almost that same thing in a few threads lately. The portal has gotten useless for AWD orders, the dealers are the only ones with info. And the info the dealer can get is only reliable once your car is in production. Its a complete breakdown in communications from VW. Even the better dealer info was recently wrong by 4 weeks for me, so if you got info from your dealer more than 4 weeks ago, it may have just gotten bumped out another 4 weeks.

If you are one of the 8 months of orders that all got locked around 6-21, those are the ones they are slowly working through to deliver in mid Jan. Don't believe the portal, it has become useless marketing hype!

·
59 Posts
I'm on the verge of canceling my order. this waiting game is for the birds! I feel like I could have gone to EU, made a purchase, and shipped it back myself in less time, AND get an EU trim!

·
ID.4 Pro S Gradient Package Dusk Blue
4 Posts
I got bumped to 3 after a couple of weeks at 15-1. I'm in Denver, which appears to get vehicles via Houston Port. The model year is still listed as 2021 in the code.

·
Premium Member
Pro S RWD
30 Posts
I am brand new here. How and where do you check the status code of your order?
I locked in my order on OCT 24 and spoke with VW this morning. Estimated Delivery April or May 2022.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.

·
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S w/Gradient - Kings Red - ordered - 4/11/21, locked - 6/27/21, Status: 15-2 (10/23)
39 Posts
I am brand new here. How and where do you check the status code of your order?
I locked in my order on OCT 24 and spoke with VW this morning. Estimated Delivery April or May 2022.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Page one on this board gives the information…

761 - 780 of 833 Posts