Volkswagen ID Forum banner
801 - 820 of 833 Posts

·
40 Posts
I locked on June 21. I am now at 15-2 and have been there for 26 days. I know the factory was closed for a week in the middle of that, but how long does production take? It looks like, if it were to leave the factory today, I may see it by Jan 22 using the shipping guides provided by VW for an arrival in Colorado.
I am exactly same as you. I am planning on seeing the car at the end of January or early February. You should plan on the same timeframe. Dealers really don’t have enough information so plan on later rather than sooner. I ordered mine the end of March and locked on 6/21. I have been on 15-2 since 10/30

·
Blue AWD Pro S Gradient
38 Posts
I’m pretty much in the same boat (locked on the same day and same configuration) finally went to 15-2 on 11/24. Just happy to finally see some movement. I’ve been at 15-1 since 10/1. Hopefully it will move along faster now that it’s actually in production. I spoke to the dealer that it’s being delivered to right before the wheel of pain switched to 15-1 and the sales person told me that it’s looking like I’ll get it right around Xmas week (he had lots of info like production date to shipping window). It’s Not looking to good but maybe a few week outside of that. I’ve also read on this forum that the wheel is not as dependable as it’s been in the past. It could’ve been in production for some time now. I guess I won’t really know until I get a email from VW or phone call from the dealer with the news.
Very similar dates to my order: 15-1 on 10/4 and 15-2 on 11/24. I'm also an AWD Gradient configuration. Are you also on the west coast? If so, I think VW is targeting the Crystal Ray, which will leave Emden on December 6th.

·
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S w/ Gradient Package - Reserved 3/11/21 - Locked in 8/26/21
25 Posts
I'm not certain that the "locked in" date is the sole determining factor. I reserved my order on 3/11 and locked in on 8/26. I went to 15-1 on 9/12, 15-2 on 10/28, and have been at 20-1 since 11/16.

It seemed to me that they are prioritizing by "reservation date" within each batch of "locked in" orders they schedule for production.

Or they could just be pulling the orders out of a hat!

·
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S w/ Gradient Package - Reserved 3/11/21 - Locked in 8/26/21
25 Posts
I just heard from my dealer. He tells me my car is estimated to arrive in the US on 1/3 (Baltimore?) and at the dealer (Pittsburgh) between 1/15 and 1/29.

Guess that's why it is stuck on 20-1.

·
113 Posts
Interesting. I reserved at the end of June 2021 and locked in early July 2021. My car hasn’t even entered production. I guess they actually go by the reservation date and not by the order lock date.

·
40 Posts
I am exactly same as you. I am planning on seeing the car at the end of January or early February. You should plan on the same timeframe. Dealers really don’t have enough information so plan on later rather than sooner. I ordered mine the end of March and locked on 6/21. I have been on 15-2 since 10/30
Update today I went to 20-1 so making slow progress. I have to wait now till it changes to 20-2 which means it is no a ship heading to Houston. I live in Minneapolis so still looking at end of Jan or early feb for the car. I ordered at the end of March and locked on 6/21. So that is my update relative to others.

·
AWD Pro S, Gradient
17 Posts
Just received the notice on the portal of my move to 20-1, leaving the factory. First move on the wheel of pain for months. For some reason production time in the factory took from Oct 30 until Nov. 29. So much for the reported 10 - 14 days for the build. Now it's off to Emden.

·
71 Posts
Just received the notice on the portal of my move to 20-1, leaving the factory. First move on the wheel of pain for months. For some reason production time in the factory took from Oct 30 until Nov. 29. So much for the reported 10 - 14 days for the build. Now it's off to Emden.
Well, production was stopped during 1 week of that time period, so still slower than the estimate, but not that much slower.

·
993 Posts
Mine has been in production since Oct.30 also, so hopefully done soon!

·
40 Posts
Mine has been in production since Oct.30 also, so hopefully done soon!
Hey SunWizard and BGK looks like we are all in the same sequence in the building of our cars. SunWizard you might see your car being finished this week and my sense is that since your in Colorado and I am in Minnesota our cars will be on the same ship to Houston. BGK not sure where you are located but you most likely on the same boat as well if your on the east coast.

·
550 Posts
Hopefully the wheel of pain moves faster for you. Still at 20-1 since October 21 (almost 6 weeks) and have a delivery date (provided by my dealer last Tuesday) of November 29th (today) to December 9th. Looking at the shipping manifest search engine multiple times a day hoping to see new delivery for Providence, RI.

Got the quote for insurance today and figuring out the timing for selling my e-Golf to Carvana. If I don't get any updates from VW or my dealer by next week I will reach out to them again.

·
AWD Pro S, Gradient
17 Posts
Hey SunWizard and BGK looks like we are all in the same sequence in the building of our cars. SunWizard you might see your car being finished this week and my sense is that since your in Colorado and I am in Minnesota our cars will be on the same ship to Houston. BGK not sure where you are located but you most likely on the same boat as well if your on the east coast.

·
AWD Pro S, Gradient
17 Posts
I am also in Colorado, but on the western slope. I believe SunWizard is in Fort Collins while I am taking delivery in Grand Junction. I will be watching for ship off-loading in Houston as well.

·
993 Posts
Mine just updated to 20-1 today so looks like we will be on the same boat. One month for production but good to see some movement. No email or anything about it yet but at least the wheel of torture moved to leaving the factory!

Reactions: MyVWHandle

·
AWD Pro S, Gradient
17 Posts
Mine just updated to 20-1 today so looks like we will be on the same boat. One month for production but good to see some movement. No email or anything about it yet but at least the wheel of torture moved to leaving the factory!
I guess those of us in Colorado are not on the priority list. We can compare notes as the journey continues.

·
993 Posts
I guess those of us in Colorado are not on the priority list. We can compare notes as the journey continues.
I don't think its CO, its the smaller dealers have less allocations. Since the bigger dealers in Denver have already gotten 10 AWD about a month ago.

·
40 Posts
Hey good news SunWizard and I thought that would be the case. Looks like they have moved onto all orders processed during Q1. I think reservation date has something to do with it. We should all keep a look out for the ship that will carry our cars. So the next step would be 20-2 when the cars are loaded on the ship.

801 - 820 of 833 Posts